PDA

View Full Version : Cycling clothes for bigger riders

mwynne
06-24-2020, 11:17 AM
Anyone got favourite cycling brands for us bigger/bulkier riders? Not just looking for a baggier "club" fit, but something actually designed to fit properly with broad shoulders, a spare tire, etc... Mostly thinking road/casual, but definitely interested in anything.

Velocipede
06-24-2020, 11:21 AM
Fox Racing makes some nice jerseys. They are usually listed more as mountain or free ride but they fit well and are comfortable. Bibs, I really like Hincapie.

djg21
06-24-2020, 11:24 AM
I’m 6’3” and 215lbs. I wear a size 7 jersey and XL shorts. Voler stuff fits me pretty well, as does some stuff made by Louis Garneau (bit try it on first).

charliedid
06-24-2020, 11:40 AM
I don't fit the profile but Pactimo is worth a look. I think many if not all products go to 3XL They have a sale ending today.

https://www.pactimo.com/collections/mens-cycling-clothing-sale

Toddykins
06-24-2020, 11:57 AM
In my experience Rapha Classic line is pretty good for this. In general make sure to get fabrics with a decent amount of stretch - I have found this more important than cut in a lot of instances (assuming the shoulders are not way off or something).

My advice is just run with the same race fit stuff our skinnier brethren do. It performs better and is no more or less flattering because cycling kit looks ridiculous to the general public no matter if it is skintight or not. This avoids issues like having pockets sagging and bouncing when sizing up to ‘better fit’ the torso or in a really wide cut jersey or having a chamois float and not stay in place because bibs are too big.

My club uses the same sportful bodyfit cut bora uses. I may not look exactly like Sagan, but the fit/performance is great.

pdonk
06-24-2020, 02:03 PM
Eliel fits more "American" in terms of sizing.

I wear a XXL in Biemme bibs and wear a large in their bibs. I actually ordered XXLs and they fit like board shorts in the legs.

Jersey sizing is also truer to the sizes we are used to and are cut nicely. I am 6'2 and weigh 200 lbs and the XL fits well.

CDollarsign
06-24-2020, 02:16 PM
I really like Assos bibs - TIR is quite generous for a European brand. For jerseys I like Pearl Izumi Semi-Form. They used to make a decent array of items in that fit but not so much anymore...

fried bake
06-24-2020, 02:20 PM
I find Pearl Izumi (outside of the PRO line) to be normal. 6’ 210 and I wear L bib shorts and XL jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabriggs
06-24-2020, 10:59 PM
In recent months I've picked up a Pearl Izumi Quest jersey and a Garneau Connection jersey. Both are "relaxed fit." I find them comfortably loose but not baggy (in the right size).