PDA

View Full Version : VERY OT: Worx Trimmer/Weed Wacker spools for free

veggieburger
06-24-2020, 10:14 AM
If any of you own a Worx 20v trimmer, this seems to be legit! Just ordered 6 spools for myself.

https://www.worx.com/free-trimmer-spools-for-life-wa0010.html

geeter
06-24-2020, 10:59 AM
Yeah they've been doing that for years. It's pretty awesome.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Clancy
06-24-2020, 01:57 PM
Sounds too good to be true!

But are the trimmers any good? My wife and I were just thinking of buying a cordless trimmer.

C40_guy
06-24-2020, 02:20 PM
Sounds too good to be true!

But are the trimmers any good? My wife and I were just thinking of buying a cordless trimmer.

Can't comment on the Worx...but...I started the migrated from corded to cordless with the Dewalt 20V platform a year or so ago. First a drill, then a circular saw, reciprocating tool...

Recently I added the brushless string trimmer and then a hedge trimmer.

Not having to deal with the cord is a game changer, particularly with the garden implements. No more shlepping 100+ feet of cord...

Some of the devices have a different balance...the string trimmer feels a bit unwieldy. The circular saw, on the other hand, is more balanced than my old Craftsman corded, and cuts a far straighter line!

If you're going to go cordless, think about the family of tools that you want. Stay in one brand so that you can share batteries across tools. Build up a small inventory of batteries (3-4 max) and a charger or two (one for the workshop, a second for the garage). I was going to buy the hedge trimmer as a bare device, but it was only $50 more to include a charger and 5 amp battery. So now I have two chargers and two 5 amp batteries, along with several 2 amp batteries.