PDA

View Full Version : Another power meter pedal

Veloo
06-23-2020, 06:08 PM
Ad popped up as the most affordable PM.

https://www.iqsquare.com/

Kyle h
06-23-2020, 06:13 PM
I back their initial Kickstarter launch probably 2 years ago and am still waiting to here when mine will ship. At the time I think they were like $200 so I took the chance but they’ve been pretty optimistic with their timeline and have run into delay after delay.

AZR3
06-23-2020, 06:16 PM
GPLama did a review of the single sided power pedal recently https://youtu.be/aVe0FkcZ1s0

Elefantino
06-23-2020, 06:18 PM
I'm waiting for Wahoo's power-meter Speedplays.

I may have a long wait.

AZR3
06-23-2020, 06:51 PM

I may have a long wait.

Someone already hacked a pair of Assioma Duo to work with a speedplay pedal body

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=148289&start=420

djg21
06-23-2020, 07:06 PM

I may have a long wait.

Me too. I’m using Garmin Vector 3s now, and I really miss the easy of entry and ease of set up of Speedplay Zeros. I know how to set up cleats, and I still find myself screwing with the Look-style cleats to get them set up so they feel just right, especially with the pedal center offset measurement from the cleats, which always shows one foot slightly inboard and one foot outboard. I know the PCO measurement is nonsense, but whenever I sit indoors on my trainer (like tonight - 90 degrees, humid, and thunderstorms) I obsess and waste countless hours fiddling when I could be riding. Maybe I just hate my trainer? That being said, I am in when a Speedplay powermeter becomes available.

R3awak3n
06-23-2020, 08:00 PM
these iqsquare pedals could be awesome but I would not put a penny on their hands till they actually ship anything. Be nice to have an affordable PM out there.

I would love to see a shimano SPD power meter system.

jimoots
06-23-2020, 08:27 PM
I would love to see a shimano SPD power meter system.

Did I read somewhere this is a licensing issue?

R3awak3n
06-23-2020, 08:43 PM
Did I read somewhere this is a licensing issue?

would not be surprised, I don't think shimano would have it. Why doesn't shimano just make their own system? I bet they would sell a lot of them.

Garmin vector 2 let you do a SPD body but can't do that with vector 3 anymore

slowpoke
06-23-2020, 08:44 PM
these iqsquare pedals could be awesome but I would not put a penny on their hands till they actually ship anything. Be nice to have an affordable PM out there.

Why not the CINCH power meter? Single-sided?

jimoots
06-23-2020, 08:58 PM
would not be surprised, I don't think shimano would have it. Why doesn't shimano just make their own system? I bet they would sell a lot of them.

Garmin vector 2 let you do a SPD body but can't do that with vector 3 anymore

I googled after posting and basically Shimano has the SPD-SL platform locked up with patents. Same reason there is aftermarket Look pedals and cleats but nothing for Shimano SPD-SL.

Shimano are having enough trouble with their crank based powermeter that I doubt they have internal capacity to work on a pedal.

Shimano are also pretty hard nosed in their opinions of what is good or 'optimal' (crank spindles and crank material comes to mind); they probably are of the view that the crank is the right place for a PM and leave others to play in other areas.