PDA

View Full Version : Quarq Dzero Dub PM feedback / other PMs

Schredder
06-21-2020, 12:41 PM
Hi

Looking at getting Quarq’s dzero dub power meter. After much deliberation and paralysis by analysis, leaning strongly toward crank spider based (so quasi double sided) PM. Need to get new crank anyway for context.

Seems like the quarq pm with their carbon dub crank arms are a good deal? Am I missing something? Any others to consider?

Thanks

Chris

Pinned
06-21-2020, 02:41 PM
Pretty much everything out there is good at this point. Quarq is nice, Rotor's new PM (and cranks) are nice too and potentially more modular.

I don't love DUB, BB options are more limited and I don't see what problem it solves over a 30mm crank where I can have fewer parts (no adjustment ring). In that regard I might choose Rotor over SRAM for the 30mm spindle.

yinzerniner
06-21-2020, 02:51 PM
Pretty much everything out there is good at this point. Quarq is nice, Rotor's new PM (and cranks) are nice too and potentially more modular.

I don't love DUB, BB options are more limited and I don't see what problem it solves over a 30mm crank where I can have fewer parts (no adjustment ring). In that regard I might choose Rotor over SRAM for the 30mm spindle.

The quarq spider can fit into 24, 29 and 30mm diameter spindles so long as they’re the 8 bolt interface. Also if you have legacy 110 or 130 bcd chainrings they’re only $400 retail
https://www.sram.com/en/quarq/models/pm-dz-spdr-d1

Yeah dub is kinda dumb in all honesty, but being able to use the previous gen crankarms and axle standards is a huge plus in my book.