PDA

View Full Version : New Veloflex direct website

msriddle
06-21-2020, 08:48 AM
veloflex.it

I’ve loved using these tires over the years. I mostly buy clinchers now. It’s been harder to find good stocking options anywhere online.

So I placed an order on Monday and received my tires on Friday (I live in Ft Worth, TX). Haven’t tried these yet but the new versions look very nice.

Elefantino
06-21-2020, 09:02 AM
Am stocked up on Master 25s for the moment, but will be interested to try the new ones. Tell us how they ride!

fijichf
06-21-2020, 09:33 AM
Based on the website, it looks like the Roubaix, Arenberg, Vlaanderen and Raven tubulars have been discontinued...time to hoard even more.

mhespenheide
06-21-2020, 10:10 AM
That Casati looks freakin' gorgeous!

vincenz
06-21-2020, 10:30 AM
Is the gum color brighter in their new tires? Looks more like turbo cottons than the classic gum of their previous versions.

Dino Suegiù
06-21-2020, 04:58 PM
Based on the website, it looks like the Roubaix, Arenberg, Vlaanderen and Raven tubulars have been discontinued...time to hoard even more.
If you are in the United States, World Class Cycles (https://worldclasscycles.com/product-category/tubulars/road-tubulars/?orderby=price) still looks to have all of those tubulars in stock. WCC is an excellent store, great service.

Bike Tires Direct/Western Bicycle Works both look to have only some Vlaanderen still.

Veloflex are the best, and yes that Casati is gorgeous.

Dino Suegiù
06-21-2020, 05:07 PM
veloflex.it

I’ve loved using these tires over the years. I mostly buy clinchers now. It’s been harder to find good stocking options anywhere online.

So I placed an order on Monday and received my tires on Friday (I live in Ft Worth, TX). Haven’t tried these yet but the new versions look very nice.

https://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1698002461&stc=1&d=1592747118
What model/year is your Casati? It is sublime.

(But blackwalls always enhance already sublime beauty more than gumwalls do. That is just a fact of life. ;))
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50002619803_5b8741bcdf_z.jpg

buddybikes
06-21-2020, 05:32 PM
>>But blackwalls always enhance already sublime beauty more than gumwalls do. That is just a fact of life. )

Those fighting words for many of us here;)

Dino Suegiù
06-21-2020, 05:48 PM
(But blackwalls always enhance already sublime beauty more than gumwalls do. That is just a fact of life. ;))

Those fighting words for many of us here ;)

And why do you think I posted that? I know I am preaching from a lonely desert here!
(Fair Warning: I took my Ali/Frazier/Tyson/Leonard/Hearns pills this morning. And my gloves do not even have a thread of gum-color anywhere near them, ever. ;))

Gsinill
06-21-2020, 08:15 PM
Thanks for posting.
Lordgun.com had Arenbergs for $57.
"Had" because I just got the last 2 for $132 shipped :)
Starbike still has a few, 2 add up to $150 with shipping.

And yes, Casatis are awesome!

AngryScientist
06-21-2020, 08:25 PM
yea, good stuff!

for a long while, i said road tubeless was stupid, but i have been riding tubeless on the road all year, and it works great! bought a wheelset new with tires installed and they have been dead reliable and feel good. when i wear my current conti's out, i'm definitely stepping up to a new pair of TLR veloflexes!

msriddle
06-21-2020, 09:52 PM
The Casati is an Aliena, 2018-ish. Retro paint scheme.

Kirk007
06-21-2020, 09:53 PM
Based on the website, it looks like the Roubaix, Arenberg, Vlaanderen and Raven tubulars have been discontinued...time to hoard even more.Looks like rebranding with pro tour available in 25 and 28 black or gumwall and pro tour race in 23 & 25

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

tanghy
06-21-2020, 10:15 PM
which model is the Veloflex Roubaix? is it a replacement for the arenberg?

rwsaunders
06-21-2020, 10:17 PM
which model is the Veloflex Roubaix?

25mm tanwall tubular...nice tire.

Luccasf
06-21-2020, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the tip!

oldpotatoe
06-22-2020, 05:52 AM
Who's the BikeTiresDirect person that is a banner sponsor here? I wonder if he'll continue to offer Veloflex now that Veloflex is consumer direct...

Tickdoc
06-22-2020, 07:12 AM
Nice. I've been buying from Mainecycles for my veloflex and they have been great but if a direct sale is that fast and price is good, this will be good news moving forward.

jkbrwn
06-26-2020, 03:22 PM
veloflex.it

Any word on how these ride, yet? As the only tubeless gumwall, they're at the top of my list for a new build. (I know Schwalbe have something but it's more brown than gum)...

Kyle h
06-26-2020, 04:39 PM
Also curious about these, make sure to update!

jkbrwn
06-26-2020, 04:56 PM
Also curious about these, make sure to update!

There's a thread over on Weight Weenies but the emphasis is on speed rather than overall ride quality, puncture resistance and whatnot....

RoosterCogset
06-26-2020, 05:05 PM
What's the story with Veloflex.. are these rebranded last generation Vittorias?

Down to the same hexagonal matrix with attributes, and 320tpi Corespun stuff, etc? referring to Corsa vs Corsa

jkbrwn
06-26-2020, 05:15 PM
No, very much their own company. A tiny company at that. I read they have 10 employees.

Some photos and a little bit of info here: https://ciclicorsa.com/meet-the-makers/veloflex/

Dino Suegiù
06-26-2020, 05:18 PM
What's the story with Veloflex.. are these rebranded last generation Vittorias?

Down to the same hexagonal matrix with attributes, and 320tpi Corespun stuff, etc? referring to Corsa vs Corsa

No, very much their own company. A tiny company at that. I read they have 10 employees.

Some photos and a little bit of info here: https://ciclicorsa.com/meet-the-makers/veloflex/

Yes, what jkbrwn wote. Including ex-Vittoria employees. Easily the equal or better (imo) of current Vittoria.

denapista
06-26-2020, 11:09 PM

I would love to stock up on the Vlaanderen/Raven tires.. I just ordered a set of the Pro Tour tires.. Came in a week from Italy. slippery looking tread..

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50052072462_164ae72392.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50052072447_e0a3815d21.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50051253773_8296fb2c2c.jpg

msriddle
06-30-2020, 06:56 AM
I’ve had a chance to get several rides on the new Master 28s. All in dry conditions. The new tread pattern seems to offer a nice mix of grip and ride quality. I’m still experiencing with inflation..Veloflex has a cool inflation tool on the new site that allows you to set your weight and tire width to get recommended front and rear pressure guidance.

I’m placing an additional order for some stock. They also have 10% off on initial order, fast, free shipping to US with $100/euro order which is 3 tires.

jkbrwn
06-30-2020, 07:46 AM
I’ve had a chance to get several rides on the new Master 28s. All in dry conditions. The new tread pattern seems to offer a nice mix of grip and ride quality. I’m still experiencing with inflation..Veloflex has a cool inflation tool on the new site that allows you to set your weight and tire width to get recommended front and rear pressure guidance.

I’m placing an additional order for some stock. They also have 10% off on initial order, fast, free shipping to US with $100/euro order which is 3 tires.

That’s all I needed to hear! Thank you!

Knew I should’ve ordered them last week. Out of stock now when you try to add to basket...

verticaldoug
06-30-2020, 08:47 AM
Yes, what jkbrwn wote. Including ex-Vittoria employees. Easily the equal or better (imo) of current Vittoria.

I like how vittorias ride and look, but the tires are essentially swiss cheese on roads. After a week in London last year, I tore off my new Corsa Controls and chucked into the bin. the tires were worse flat magnets than I remember the last time a tried a few years ago.

I hope veloflex are better

merckx
06-30-2020, 09:33 AM
I like how vittorias ride and look, but the tires are essentially swiss cheese on roads. After a week in London last year, I tore off my new Corsa Controls and chucked into the bin. the tires were worse flat magnets than I remember the last time a tried a few years ago.

I hope veloflex are better

It is easy for debris to get stuck between the longitudinal ribs on the tread of the Vittorias. If it remains after many revolutions, and the debris is sharp, it will penetrate the casing. This has been my experience. I would like to see a tread redesign. Here is a contrast in design.

teleguy57
06-30-2020, 09:55 AM
Veloflex has a cool inflation tool on the new site that allows you to set your weight and tire width to get recommended front and rear pressure guidance..

It would be interesting to compare this to the Silca pro inflation guide.

I think I have a couple more Vlaanderens hanging in the basement. May be time to restock...

redir
06-30-2020, 09:56 AM
25mm tanwall tubular...nice tire.

I'd swear the Roubaix tires I have are bigger then 25, more like a 28 I'd say. I love those tires so I hope there is a replacement.

---

I pretty much only ride Veloflex these days, life is too short! Even for clinchers, their Masters, are the best clincher tires ever.

BdaGhisallo
10-30-2020, 12:26 PM
You guys that ordered direct from Veloflex in Italy - how did they ship them?

I am looking to place an order and they are listing DHL as the shipping option to Bermuda but I need to make sure it's the courier service and not the DHL service that gets dumped into the general mail service, as often happens in Germany.

Our incoming airmail is still an absolute clustercfk these days and I want to avoid it at all costs.

Cheers

jkbrwn
02-26-2021, 11:34 AM
Does anyone have any more feedback with the new Veloflex Corsa's? Open tubular's, in particular? I am hoping to find some cotton cased gumwalls that are more affordable than Turbo Cotton's, that aren't Corsa's. I had bad luck with Corsa's and punctures - road debris constantly got stuck in the grooves on the tread.

denapista
02-26-2021, 11:42 AM
Before I went Tubular only over 7-8 years ago, I only rode Veloflex Open Tubular tires. I would switch to Michelin Pro4's but always went back to Veloflex. They're that good.

I just ordered (2) Tubular tires from Veloflex on Monday, and they were delivered Wednesday. haha 2 Day DHL shipping for free. Simply amazing

ltwtsculler91
02-26-2021, 12:57 PM
Does anyone have any more feedback with the new Veloflex Corsa's? Open tubular's, in particular? I am hoping to find some cotton cased gumwalls that are more affordable than Turbo Cotton's, that aren't Corsa's. I had bad luck with Corsa's and punctures - road debris constantly got stuck in the grooves on the tread.

Haven't ridden the newest, but ran the previous-gen Corsa "28's" (really 27 which was perfect) on my Bedford all summer and they were great. They replaced Vittoria Corsa Control 25's and were slightly bigger and lasted all summer without issue. Easy to mount, great ride, and no significant cuts in the tires.

If you're in an area where Vitorias pick up tons of crap, try the Corsa Controls too, they come in tan walls and tend to do better with thicker rubber/different pattern versus the standard. I switch to either these or Conti's depending on what I have on hand each time we go to Miami (2-4x per year) since the coral down there loves to burrow into the grooves.

clarendon
02-26-2021, 03:14 PM
I’ve been riding the new Corsa Evo 28 clinchers last summer. Fabulous tyres. Similar feel to Vittoria Corsas but with a smooth surface rather than grooved. On Bora One rims they come up bang on 28 and not too different to the Vittorias in a 25. Friends have told me they don’t last but so far so good and no sign of a problem. Great road feel, way nicer than a GP5000. And feels nice to be riding a handmade product from a small Italian producer :)

robertbb
02-26-2021, 06:41 PM
I’ve been riding the new Corsa Evo 28 clinchers last summer. Fabulous tyres. Similar feel to Vittoria Corsas but with a smooth surface rather than grooved. On Bora One rims they come up bang on 28 and not too different to the Vittorias in a 25. Friends have told me they don’t last but so far so good and no sign of a problem. Great road feel, way nicer than a GP5000. And feels nice to be riding a handmade product from a small Italian producer :)

Thanks for this. How's the wet grip? In my experience that was the one area the previous corsa's fell short....

jkbrwn
02-26-2021, 07:05 PM
Thanks everyone. Don't suppose anyone has ridden both the new Veloflex and also a Turbo Cotton? I think the latter is the finest riding clincher I've ever ridden hence the desire to get as close to it as possible without spending $176 after a tax for two tyres.....

oldpotatoe
02-27-2021, 06:01 AM
Once again..for the BTD gent(banner ad 'up there')..still going to sell Veloflex even tho the manufacturer is now competing with you?

https://www.biketiresdirect.com/search/veloflex

solographik
02-27-2021, 06:35 AM
What model/year is your Casati? It is sublime.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50002619803_5b8741bcdf_z.jpg

Really need to see more photos of that colnago 👀👀

fa63
02-27-2021, 07:28 AM
I like that the tire pressure calculator on their website doesn't go beyond 95kg rider weight; very Italian of them :-))

jpritchet74
02-27-2021, 11:44 AM
>>But blackwalls always enhance already sublime beauty more than gumwalls do. That is just a fact of life. )

Those fighting words for many of us here;)

Agreed!

jpritchet74
02-27-2021, 11:48 AM

I am on the Veloflex Corsas on my 2 main bikes. Absolutely love them - the feel is amazing and grip is top-notch. They measure inflated as 1mm narrower than the listed width. So my 28's measure at 27mm and my 25's measure 24mm. Those are on my Bora Ultra 35 clinchers.

jkbrwn
02-27-2021, 11:57 AM
I am on the Veloflex Corsas on my 2 main bikes. Absolutely love them - the feel is amazing and grip is top-notch. They measure inflated as 1mm narrower than the listed width. So my 28's measure at 27mm and my 25's measure 24mm. Those are on my Bora Ultra 35 clinchers.

Good to know - thanks. Turns out Chain Reaction are clearing out Open Pave's at $30 a pop, and given it may be my last chance to grab some and with them being my favourite tyres of all time, I ordered ten of them. I think I should be good for tyres for a while...

clarendon
02-27-2021, 05:13 PM
Thanks for this. How's the wet grip? In my experience that was the one area the previous corsa's fell short....

Can’t say I’ve noticed an issue but I am not riding that bike often in the wet.