PDA

View Full Version : The view from my desk

Lanternrouge
01-25-2007, 10:12 PM
This is the view from my desk. The ones on the floor will end up behind my desk when I get around the putting them up on the wall. Thematically, the Lombardi poster shoudl go where LeMond/Hinault is, but LeMond/Hinault is my favorite (as it is the phographer's) and I want that one directly in front of me when I'm not staring at papers, the computer screen, the window or whatever bike I have in the office.

I wonder if that Hampsten fellow is related to Steve Hampsten :D

shinomaster
01-25-2007, 10:24 PM
:banana:

Louis
01-25-2007, 10:43 PM
John, I see that bottle of Duvel. If you like SPAs you absolutely have to try "La Fin du Monde." Expensive, but worth every penny.

shinomaster
01-25-2007, 10:51 PM
John, I see that bottle of Duvel. If you like SPAs you absolutely have to try "La Fin du Monde." Expensive, but worth every penny.

Mon Amie Louis, I have sucked down more La Fin Du Monde (end of the world) and Maudite and the other Satanic stuff they make than I would care to admit! C'est tres bien!!! Have you tried Diabolique? :beer:

Louis
01-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Have you tried Diabolique? :beer:

No - I'll put it on the shopping list for my next booze-buying spree!

Thanks for the tip. :beer:

bcm119
01-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Love the beer talk :beer:

PS nice office lanternrouge

shinomaster
01-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Nice pix red lantern man....sorry I crashed your thread!

Lanternrouge
01-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Nice pix red lantern man....sorry I crashed your thread!

You should probably just atone for it by sharing beer with everyone :beer: We actually do have beer in the fridge at work and have talked about stocking desks with liquor. The boss nixed :no: the idea of an official liquor cabinet through :crap:

Kevin
01-26-2007, 05:23 AM
This is the view from my desk. ... LeMond/Hinault is my favorite (as it is the phographer's) and I want that one directly in front of me when I'm not staring at papers, the computer screen, the window or whatever bike I have in the office.
:D

I also have the LeMond/Hinault hanging in my office. Great picture. I was able to get it autographed by the photographer, as well as LeMond and Hinault.

Kevin

stevep
01-26-2007, 06:00 AM
in my office.

front of desk, side, back.

jerseys from riders i know well and a few just collectables. a couple of tim johnson us national champ jerseys, and erich kaiter us nationals jersey, one of my team jerseys w/ wc stripes worn by bart wellens when he raced here, teleflex tour winners jersey ( first stage race ever won by us postal team by tyler in '96, killington winners jersey, tour of romandy winners jersey, wellen' u-23 belgian champions jersey, assorted other stuff...been collecting this stuff for years... got another 20 or so... need a bigger office....some day ill put up the rest.

saab2000
01-26-2007, 06:05 AM
Nice pictures. I like the Giro di Lombardia pic as well as the Tour de Romandie one. Lombardia has some of the nicest riding there is.

Here is my office. Unfortunately, we don't get bike racing coverage on our TVs.

stevep
01-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Nice pictures. I like the Giro di Lombardia pic as well as the Tour de Romandie one. Lombardia has some of the nicest riding there is.

Here is my office. Unfortunately, we don't get bike racing coverage on our TVs.

sheepskin seat saab, nice
like the one that you have on your bike saddle?

saab2000
01-26-2007, 06:35 AM
sheepskin seat saab, nice
like the one that you have on your bike saddle?

Negative. The seats are really disgusting actually. Comfortable, but disgusting. They should be vacuumed.

My bikes sport Turbomatics and Flite seats. These are the view of my other office chairs. :banana:

Kevan
01-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Andy Hampsten poster since I had a ride last winter in a snow squall that left my red jacket covered. I will admit the road conditions in my ride were better than Andy's. That was one of the best rides.

saab2000
01-26-2007, 06:43 AM
Andy Hampsten poster since I had a ride last winter in a snow squall that left my red jacket covered. I will admit the road conditions in my ride were better than Andy's. That was one of the best rides.

Check "Youtube" and use the word Gavia for your search. There is video footage of that legendary day in Andy Hampsten's office.

Kevan
01-26-2007, 07:05 AM
warm.

Dang... that looked brutal. I think ergott is out there right now in our 9° weather, riding and otherwise whooping it up.

Thanks for the reference.

Sandy
01-26-2007, 07:26 AM
I have a picture of Kevan hanging on my front door at home. Haven't had a visitor for years.......I use the back door........ :rolleyes:

Sandy

Kevan
01-26-2007, 07:33 AM
I have a picture of Kevan hanging on my front door at home. Haven't had a visitor for years.......I use the back door........ :rolleyes:

Sandy

and I still have the rope burns to prove it.

mdeeds71
01-26-2007, 08:19 AM
My new office...I also don't get the coverage on these screens but...

I at least can go see the Tour start in London this year on my overnight, see some of the Espana in Madrid or Barcelona, better yet Giro in Milan/Lake Como, Suisse in Zurich/Geneva...or ride these places if I can ever get a good S&S bike.

Fixed
01-26-2007, 08:41 AM
jazz office open baby
cheers anybody know this cat's story the stuff of legends imho

pjm
01-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Hey Fixed, have you heard this guy?
http://www.tomaszstanko.com/Tomasz_Stanko_The_Jazz_Trumpeter_and_Composer.html
He's a jazz trumpeter from Poland and does some really nice stuff.

saab2000
01-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Mark,

Very nice! I am jealous!!! You gotta help me get in there!!

The glass ceiling of the RJ is not nice to look through.

Fixed
01-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey Fixed, have you heard this guy?
http://www.tomaszstanko.com/Tomasz_Stanko_The_Jazz_Trumpeter_and_Composer.html
He's a jazz trumpeter from Poland and does some really nice stuff.

cool bro thanks
cheers