PDA

View Full Version : web based software to organize ongoing rides?

chakatrain
01-25-2007, 07:01 PM
All,

I'm looking for a web-based software that allows users to contact each other about rides. I'm specifically looking for it to:

Let people see what rides are already planned
Let people see stats about each ride (like planned speed, familiarity with the route, equipment brought, like a flat kit, etc.)
Let people join or refuse an invite to join the ride
Let people create their own rides, as single rides or recurring

Basically, I want something for our bike club at work that will let the club members get together and communicate. Group emails no longer work as our company has grown, so I'm looking for something that will scale, something that provides riders the tools to create their own community as they wish, instead of administrative overhead from a few dedicated webmasters (who also have a full time job!).

I've tried evite, which does some of this, but not exactly what I want. Does anyone have suggestions for anything that might do this type of thing?

Oh...and in the perfect world, it would be free :p

Many thanks!

chakatrain
01-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Bumpity bump just in case you have been having so much fun on the cry baby (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=25494) thread that you just didn't get around to this, even though you know you really wanted too.

Er..I mean...any help would be fantastic.