PDA

View Full Version : HED Belgium Black - Tubeless?

AngryScientist
06-17-2020, 04:07 PM
I have a set of wheels with HED Belgium Black rims, they have the black surface treatment. I can not seem to find an answer through the googles - are these rims tubeless compatible?

Spdntrxi
06-17-2020, 04:11 PM
I thought the only difference between Ardennes and Belguim.. is that Belguim is meant to be built from a custom wheelbuilder.

My Ardennes Black are tubeless compatible.

AngryScientist
06-17-2020, 04:12 PM
I thought the only difference between Ardennes and Belguim.. is that Belguim is meant to be built from a custom wheelbuilder.

My Ardennes Black are tubeless compatible.

that first part sounds correct to me, and the second part is encouraging. good news, thanks!

Bentley
06-17-2020, 04:17 PM
If I recall, regular Belgium C are not tlr and C Plus are. That said, I understand some folks have gotten the C to work as tubeless

djg21
06-17-2020, 04:36 PM
I have a set of wheels with HED Belgium Black rims, they have the black surface treatment. I can not seem to find an answer through the googles - are these rims tubeless compatible?

No. From the FAQ:

Can my wheels be set up tubeless?

ONLY if they are Plus models. Older 23mm wide C2 models are NOT safe to use with tubeless.

https://hedcycling.com/faq/

AngryScientist
06-17-2020, 04:38 PM
ahh, there is the definitive answer! i dont know how i missed that in my searching.

oh well, tubes it is!

yinzerniner
06-17-2020, 05:16 PM
ahh, there is the definitive answer! i dont know how i missed that in my searching.

oh well, tubes it is!

Yeah easiest way to tell us to measure the width. C2 is 23mm wide and not tubeless, while plus is 25mm and tubeless

If your rims are the black anodized, as opposed to the black machined, then those are the c2 and not tubeless