PDA

View Full Version : Buttons on Bolt becoming exposed

makoti
06-14-2020, 06:21 AM
The rubber covering on the right hand side buttons is coming off my Wahoo Bolt. This computer is a replacement for one that had the same thing happen. I filed a ticket with Wahoo, but wondered if anyone had this happen (apparently, really common) and if you fixed it yourself. I was thinking a spot of super glue, but don't want to end up gluing the button to the point it doesn't work.
Any brave souls fix theirs?

b3pkay
06-14-2020, 11:49 AM
Same thing happened to mine. I submitted a ticket and asked if they had any advice for an effective repair that would keep the internals waterproof--they didn't have a diy solution and offered me 20% off a replacement. I hastily threw a piece of washi tape on it, expecting it to fall off in no time, and it's held for 5 months through all sorts of rides/weather. Good enough for me... for now.

Edit: If I get around to it, I think a delicate application of silicone might be the best fix. Or maybe using a gel type super glue applied with a small pick.

makoti
06-14-2020, 02:48 PM
Same thing happened to mine. I submitted a ticket and asked if they had any advice for an effective repair that would keep the internals waterproof--they didn't have a diy solution and offered me 20% off a replacement. I hastily threw a piece of washi tape on it, expecting it to fall off in no time, and it's held for 5 months through all sorts of rides/weather. Good enough for me... for now.

Edit: If I get around to it, I think a delicate application of silicone might be the best fix. Or maybe using a gel type super glue applied with a small pick.

Had to google washi tape. You just put it over the buttons? I like the tooth pick idea. Gotta be able to put it in a pretty exact area

b3pkay
06-15-2020, 12:16 PM
It's not pretty... and the more I think about it, the easier I think it would be to do a clean superglue job and not risk any issues.

https://i.imgur.com/8fGLhM4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jXJfpTc.jpg