PDA

View Full Version : handlebars

mls
05-16-2004, 03:19 PM
i am looking for a bar that has a flat top leading to
the brake hoods any recommendations

eddief
05-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Nittos Noodles have more flat than any other I have seen. I gave them up for Ritchey WCS Ergos that seem to have just the right amount for my current taste.

mls
05-16-2004, 07:17 PM
eddie are the ritcheys flat on top
and how is the bend

eddief
05-16-2004, 08:00 PM
at this link: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=2289

I think it shows a pretty good likeness of the tops and the bend. I believe it is available in a classic bend as well. aebike.com has these.

saab2000
05-16-2004, 08:27 PM
ihaveasetofthemodolocurvissimastheyarenotbadandhav esomeflatonthetoptheyareprettycomfybutareveryexpen sive

dave thompson
05-16-2004, 08:27 PM
i am looking for a bar that has a flat top leading to
the brake hoods any recommendations
Bontrager makes one called, appropriately, "Flat Top". The Ritchey WCS Ergo bars also have the flat top.

PBWrench
05-16-2004, 08:28 PM
The Kestrel EMS are also pretty flat. I love mine.

dnovo
05-17-2004, 06:06 AM
The FSA K-Wing has a flat spot behind the hoods and is generally VERY ergo-shaped. Not cheap when compared to aluminum bars, but in the lower price range for carbon. I have a couple of these and like them a lot.

If you go the reply I just posted to the current thread entitled: "Anyone make an orange saddle", you will see a photo of my Pegoretti BLE with the FSA K-wing bars. The flat behind the hoods and the flat on the tops (the underside is curved for your fingers to grip it) is shown very clearly. Dave N.

Birddog
05-17-2004, 09:36 AM
You didn't say if you are using Campy or Shimano. I have Modolo Curvissimo in alu, and there is a flat spot just aft of the hoods. It's created by the route of the dual cables of the Campy Ergo brifters. I'd think most bars with Campy will be that way.

Birddog