PDA

View Full Version : Tool Box tour

joosttx
06-11-2020, 10:55 PM
Brad Copeland is World Camp Kate Courtney’s mechanic. Check his tool box tour which is lust worthy and mind blowing

https://youtu.be/skR4hmbNPC8

brewsmith
06-11-2020, 11:34 PM
Possibly the nerdiest bike video I've ever watched, but greatly appreciated with tons of good info. Just glad my wife didn't catch me watching it and have to explain why I was looking at another man's toolbox...

goonster
06-12-2020, 03:26 PM
OK, I have some new life goals. :D

joosttx
06-12-2020, 05:29 PM
OK, I have some new life goals. :D

Me too. This video really should be banned.

AngryScientist
06-12-2020, 05:37 PM
remember: you will never regret buying a good tool.

stackie
06-13-2020, 09:55 AM
So funny,

My LBS has an awesome mechanic who always does my SV personally. They had a somewhat less skilled guy who they assured me didn’t work on my bikes. I guess the less skilled guy just up and left a bit ago with no notice! Saw new guy in there working on bikes last time I was in. In the course of conversation it came up that he was mechanic for World Cup MTB team. It’s Brad!

Peninsula Bike Works in Monterey! If anyone finds themselves in the area and needs excellent mechanic work!

Jon

FriarQuade
06-13-2020, 10:35 AM
Good stuff!

happycampyer
06-13-2020, 11:03 AM
Good stuff!Understatement of the year. So when is the crombie with the 3/8" bit going to be available? ;)

ryker
06-13-2020, 11:08 AM
Not sure if still available but I have a 3/8” drive tool from Stein. Great tool, use it all the time.

Mike V
06-13-2020, 11:35 AM
Watched first time and thought. This and that is a good idea. Watched second time and mad a list.:banana:

windsurfer
06-13-2020, 12:11 PM
Who makes those preset torque limiting extensions for the bit ratchet?

Mike V
06-13-2020, 02:29 PM

Fix It Sticks

lexlion
06-13-2020, 03:05 PM

Topeak (https://www.topeak.com/us/en/products/torq-tools/840-nano-torqbit-5nm)

joosttx
06-13-2020, 03:34 PM
Kinda in love with the foam cutter and boutique branded styrofoam.

Blue Jays
06-13-2020, 04:08 PM
Great find. Very educational with really good tips.

FriarQuade
06-13-2020, 05:43 PM
Understatement of the year. So when is the crombie with the 3/8" bit going to be available? ;)

Never, it's a tool that's too easy to over use. If you're using it for centerlock or fork top caps that are maintained for a princess it'll be fine and that's what Brad wanted it for. But if you're trying to get a stubborn bottom bracket out it's not going to end well. Trying to convey the difference between those two jobs to customers is nearly impossible. So unless you're on our ambassador program or are crafty with a welder, you're SOL.

Blue Jays
06-13-2020, 06:46 PM
He needs a small travel-size vial of NixFrixShun (NFS) stored in the bottom tray.

happycampyer
06-13-2020, 07:45 PM
Never, it's a tool that's too easy to over use. If you're using it for centerlock or fork top caps that are maintained for a princess it'll be fine and that's what Brad wanted it for. But if you're trying to get a stubborn bottom bracket out it's not going to end well. Trying to convey the difference between those two jobs to customers is nearly impossible. So unless you're on our ambassador program or are crafty with a welder, you're SOL.I was just kidding, I was just picking up on the comment that: "Jason was nice enough to make me that to give it a try although it's not currently in production so hopefully he's not mad at me for mentioning it..."

FriarQuade
06-13-2020, 11:02 PM
He needs a small travel-size vial of NixFrixShun (NFS) stored in the bottom tray.

Trust me, the lube that team has available makes NFS look like peanut butter.

Blue Jays
06-13-2020, 11:42 PM
"...Trust me, the lube that team has available makes NFS look like peanut butter..."
Sweet! That is awesome. What new brand of lube are they using?

9tubes
06-15-2020, 09:19 PM
Possibly the nerdiest bike video I've ever watched, but greatly appreciated with tons of good info. Just glad my wife didn't catch me watching it and have to explain why I was looking at another man's toolbox...

Well, if you're into that sort of thing you might check out GarageJournal.com. Set aside some time.

froze
06-15-2020, 10:00 PM
So why is he wearing dark sunglasses inside a house?

Abelicoln
07-28-2020, 10:33 AM
Bumping this because I just watched this video. I've always used a Craftsmen mechanics type tool box on my bench. I'm intrigued by the Pelican type box. If I were end up going away for a weekend when my bike can join me, I could see how a grab and go option would be nice. What do most folks prefer to use for a tool box that tend to do most of their wrenching at home?

crankles
07-28-2020, 10:48 AM
I really wish I had a reason to go full on Pelican/Custom Cut Foam tool box.

2LeftCleats
07-28-2020, 11:19 AM
I have a 4-drawer Craftsman rolling cabinet where I keep bike tools, tubes, parts, etc. it’s in close proximity to other tool chests in the garage in case I need something else.

DeBike
07-28-2020, 02:15 PM
One of the best videos I have seen on PL. Entertaining, instructive and just plain cool! Surprise, I actually have some of those, compact, useful items. Thanks to Joosttx for posting! Definitely going to get more views from me.

.RJ
07-28-2020, 08:14 PM
I have a 4-drawer Craftsman rolling cabinet where I keep bike tools, tubes, parts, etc. it’s in close proximity to other tool chests in the garage in case I need something else.

I have a similar solution - some photos, before I finished out the garage as a nicer workspace

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-7qbbNnB/0/X3/i-7qbbNnB-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-SwbFLBc/0/X3/i-SwbFLBc-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Nznjr3P/0/X3/i-Nznjr3P-X3.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-cJCQZhb/0/X3/i-cJCQZhb-X3.jpg