PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Live Track Not Working

Vientomas
06-11-2020, 07:39 PM
I have a Garmin 520. Live Track used to work. Now it does not. I get a message that states: "Page will update automatically when location data is available." It never goes away and no track is created.

Anyone have a fix? Based on a web search, it appears to be a common problem. Suggested remedies abound. I'm hoping to hear from someone who successfully fixed the problem.

Thanks.

Vientomas
06-13-2020, 08:48 PM
Nobody having this issue?

Willy
06-13-2020, 11:19 PM
I have an Edge 1000 and have been having a lot of issues with Livetracking. It was working perfectly 1 month ago but now it’s just unusable. The issues include it just stopping at random times of the ride or if it runs, the tracking does not show your tracks or data and just shows blue dot for location.

I have contacted Garmin and they are suppose to be working on the problem.

jb_11
06-15-2020, 11:06 AM
In my experience, it's been hit-or-miss for years. I finally gave up on it, and just rely on tracking from my cell/watch.

notsew
06-15-2020, 12:54 PM
Nobody having this issue?

I also have a 520 and have had the same experience. Used to work fine, then a month or two ago, stopped working. I've been using beacon on my phone, but its not ideal. Interesting to hear I'm not the only one.

alfordjo
06-15-2020, 01:10 PM
I do not have LiveTrack auto start (that seemed to stop working a year or so ago) but I have been manually starting it at the beginning of a ride with few issues since then.

Maybe 2-3 issues over 100 rides.

Willy
06-15-2020, 04:35 PM
I just noticed that the extend livetrack option is now only available if you have the autostart option turned on. I tried autostart yesterday and it did nothing.