PDA

View Full Version : Campy EPS, hiding the wires, and bar-end junction

dan_hudson
06-09-2020, 09:13 PM
Considering EPS for a new bike. I know Campy now has a bar-end junction a-la Shimano but indications are it is only compatible with V4/12-speed. Can anyone confirm that is the case?

Assuming the v4 junction is not backward-compatible, are there any tricks to hide the junction/port + wires for v3?

Ask as I have some interest in sticking with 11-speed due to compatibility + esthetics.

oldpotatoe
06-10-2020, 06:26 AM
Considering EPS for a new bike. I know Campy now has a bar-end junction a-la Shimano but indications are it is only compatible with V4/12-speed. Can anyone confirm that is the case?

Assuming the v4 junction is not backward-compatible, are there any tricks to hide the junction/port + wires for v3?

Ask as I have some interest in sticking with 11-speed due to compatibility + esthetics.

I don't think it is since when you upgrade versions, you upgrade the junction box also, v1>v2->v3..along with battery..so I think the 12s one is 12s only BUT..give this gent an email shout..he'll know/

ott@campagnolona.com

Jerry Ott

Dave
06-10-2020, 07:01 AM
There is some info on this subject on the weight weenies forum. Someone makes 3D printed bar end plugs and shows something about placing a circuit board into a bar end.

r_mutt
06-15-2021, 01:01 PM
unfortunately, the mechanic who custom 3-D printed a bar-end interface as seen at the bottom of this (https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141972&start=105) thread has gone silent. He installed one for me and I'd love to have another one made but he quit his last job at a shop in Brooklyn and has not answered any enquiries.