PDA

View Full Version : A good ride - about time

saab2000
01-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Rode for 2 hours today south of Virginia Beach. The legs started out good and stayed that way. Nice. Not really fast, but not slow either. Considering I spent the last 4 days in my cage in the front of the airplane I was surprisingly not stiff.

In a world where there are no bad rides, some rides are better than others. Today was one of those.

One more week 'til I can go for a ride again without having to throw the bike in the car!! :banana: Get ready DC, here I come! :beer:

soulspinner
01-25-2007, 06:14 AM
There is something about a GREAT ride that is so much better and cheaper than therapy. No matter what faces you when you return from that ride, you are always better able to face it afterward...glad to hear you are well again...
my apologies to therapists everywhere.

stevep
01-25-2007, 06:27 AM
There is something about a GREAT ride that is so much better and cheaper than therapy. No matter what faces you when you return from that ride, you are always better able to face it afterward...glad to hear you are well again...
my apologies to therapists everywhere.

swoop says...
" this guy is nuts... talk like this is bad for business... stay clear..."
just quoting...

Too Tall
01-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Nice to hear young man :)

Kevan
01-25-2007, 09:30 AM
It doesn’t have to be any one particular aspect of riding to accomplish that feeling, it’s just that when you’re wheeling your bike back into the house you feel that contentment. Everything about you is in alignment, even if your world isn’t. I’ve had satisfaction come from a well-organized group ride where people are paying attention to the paceline and efficiencies are maximized. I’ve had it beating others to the top of a sprinted climb. I’ve also had it helping someone with a broken chain or flat tire. It comes to me riding alone. It comes when I’ve been fast or slow. Sometimes… it doesn’t come at all.

soulspinner
01-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Some days I feel so good I dont reach for the Grand Mar...................