PDA

View Full Version : News on Time pedals/bikes

Alan
06-08-2020, 12:20 PM
See link to article that Rossignol has sold Time.

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/international/2020/06/05/report-rossignol-sells-time-brand-french-e-bike-startup#.Xt5yf2hKiUk

Not sure if this is good or bad news. I have been a user of Time pedals since the Equipe days. Have thought about switching to Shimano but then I ride my RXS pedals and they work great except when they break etc.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Alan

FlashUNC
06-08-2020, 12:26 PM
Might be to start sorting out another pedal option once this dries up.

Dired
06-08-2020, 12:52 PM
Start hoarding, gents.

Cy Trivialities
06-08-2020, 12:56 PM
ive been thinking about switching from time SPD to shimano. maybe this will force that to happen.

fignon's barber
06-08-2020, 01:26 PM
Just shows that you need to do more than make a good bike to be a good bike company. It's a tough tough business.

LongtailRider
06-08-2020, 01:56 PM
Hoping a cool company will pick up their pedal IP.

daker13
06-08-2020, 03:37 PM
Another RXS user. Using RXS these days feels like I'm just waiting for disaster to strike.

efixler
06-08-2020, 09:14 PM
I'm really happy with my XPresso pedals and had been really looking forward the Cyclo pedals too. May be time to hoard the former.

I'm trying to understand the Synergy in this acquisition. Could it be for the frame building / carbon side of the business?

joosttx
06-08-2020, 09:15 PM
time to stock up (no pun intended)

Wakatel_Luum
06-09-2020, 01:45 AM
They finally got back on track with the Xpro pedals...I hope they keep making them!

superbowlpats
06-09-2020, 04:57 AM
I've been liking my Atac 8 pedals for the past year, until the body broke on one last week. This news and my recent pedal failure sends me back to Shimano SPDs

buddybikes
06-09-2020, 05:25 AM
I personally think there is still some hidden design that will be a better mtb mounting which doesn't rock and quicker to clip in road pedal (I flounder at stop sign getting into my xPro's.

vincenz
06-09-2020, 06:18 AM
It’s too bad because their carbon manufacturing is very unique. One of the few mainstream manufacturers I would consider riding. That they were sold to a startup ebike company doesn’t bode well for Time as a road bike company.

Big Dan
06-09-2020, 06:47 AM
Still have some Equipes , Impacts and RXS in use.
Great pedals all.

572cv
06-09-2020, 06:50 AM
I've been riding ATACs on my bikes for a dozen years. That they have been bullet proof is one thing, but the best is that the float has been great for my knees. This is cautionary news, as any business change/buyout has the potential to screw things up. But I'll try to be optimistic and hope for the best for now.

merckx
06-09-2020, 07:10 AM
I am a recent convert to Xpros. Absolutely fantastic pedal. They satisfy my desire to have the stability of Shimano road pedals with the free rotation of Speedplay. I have only been using them since the winter. I hope that they don't have kittens, and end up in bits in the gutter. The reports of TIME pedals breaking does not inspire confidence. Perhaps they have chased the bleeding edge a bit too far. Maybe if they offered pedals like the ATAC, and one or two of the Xpro models with an alloy body it would mitigate some of these problems. I could care less if my pedals weighed an additional 100 grams or so. Function is my primary concern.

jemoryl
06-09-2020, 07:48 AM
Yes, it would be a shame if Time were to disappear. I'm an RXS pedal user and would migrate to their current road pedals if I needed to. And, although I've never ridden one, I appreciate the way their frames are made hope they remain as a viable alternative.

herb5998
06-09-2020, 08:28 AM
Bummed to hear the news, have enjoyed their frames, as well as pedals, and still use the Xpressos, might pick up some Xpros for when the Xpressos bite the dust. The cleat update they did when Xpros were released was very good, a lot better wear control

brucehappy
06-09-2020, 09:17 AM
Had been waiting to try out the Time Cyclo pedals announced late last year. Their launch was delayed due to manufacturing issues (according to Guitar Ted on ridinggravel). Now, who knows if they'll ever see the light of day. Oh well, Shimano xtr's it is.

BdaGhisallo
06-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Still have some Equipes , Impacts and RXS in use.
Great pedals all.

I have been trying to find the answer to one aspect of the Impacts that no amount of searching has cleared up, so I wonder if you can help.

The little screw and clip that is buried in the rear well of the Impact where the rear cleat cam goes does what? The little clip slides out and in when the screw is loosened. I know that it limits the side to side lateral movement but does it limit if from 5mm to 2.5mm or from 2.5mm to zero?

I rode them years back but my memory is failing me on this one.

Cheers.

iPaul
06-09-2020, 01:50 PM
From memory its reduces from the 5mm to 2.5mm.