PDA

View Full Version : Spy shots: 2021 Specialized Tarmac

Elefantino
06-07-2020, 07:59 AM
Outside Mike's Bikes in SF. No cables. Di2 junction box in the seatpost. And no tubeless.

https://images.immediate.co.uk/production/volatile/sites/21/2020/05/Specialized-Tarmac-SL7_Brandon-Smith-7199c75.jpg?webp=true&quality=45&resize=1240%2C826

Details at BikeRadar (https://www.bikeradar.com/news/2021-specialized-tarmac/).

rnhood
06-07-2020, 08:18 AM
Interesting. Nice looking bike and it will be suitably light.

yinzerniner
06-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Outside Mike's Bikes in SF. No cables. Di2 junction box in the seatpost. And no tubeless.

https://images.immediate.co.uk/production/volatile/sites/21/2020/05/Specialized-Tarmac-SL7_Brandon-Smith-7199c75.jpg?webp=true&quality=45&resize=1240%2C826

Details at BikeRumor (https://www.bikeradar.com/news/2021-specialized-tarmac/).

Hah, that’s bikeRADAR! But my mobile browser oftentimes gets confused as well

But this is def the new tarmac. Cycling tips also had an quick spiel on it but got hit with a takedown notice from the big S.

Looks like a lot of the tech from the Venge has trickled down, although the proportions don’t seem as harmonious as the present SL6. Will wait until the official release to pass judgement.

One thing is the new paint jobs for the latest releases are the bees knees.

Elefantino
06-08-2020, 05:20 AM
Radar, rumor ... it wasn't my browser that was confused!

kppolich
06-08-2020, 10:48 AM
So a Venge with different tube shapes.

thirdgenbird
06-08-2020, 10:59 AM
I think I would prefer the current model with a threaded bottom bracket. (But I’ve got zero experience with high-dollar modern carbon)

fignon's barber
06-08-2020, 01:35 PM
I think that looks pretty nice. Slam the stem and I'm in.

AngryScientist
06-08-2020, 01:38 PM
i do love the fades.

are they still making a rim brake model?

thirdgenbird
06-08-2020, 01:44 PM
i do love the fades.

Agreed. Specialized has had some great paint the last several years.

The current sl6 offers direct mount rim brakes. Rumor is the sl7 will be disc only.

mcteague
06-08-2020, 01:48 PM
I think that looks pretty nice. Slam the stem and I'm in.

That bike already has major saddle to bar drop. Why does it need more? Fashion over function? :confused:

Tim

Elefantino
06-08-2020, 01:57 PM
i do love the fades.

Not with carbon hoops. Alloy TBA but doubtful.

vqdriver
06-08-2020, 02:29 PM
when you say no cables but di2 box, does that mean wireless with 'brain' in the post, or that everything's wired internally?
imma guess that it's just internally wired following the hydro hoses

FlashUNC
06-08-2020, 02:45 PM
when you say no cables but di2 box, does that mean wireless with 'brain' in the post, or that everything's wired internally?
imma guess that it's just internally wired following the hydro hoses

Given the size of that seatpost, I'd say they've got quite a bit of wired bits crammed in there.

JohnnyBoston
06-09-2020, 05:26 PM
This will do nicely for my next bike.

Elefantino
06-09-2020, 05:50 PM
I'm holding out for an EP on a Creo SL!

mmendoza87
06-09-2020, 06:20 PM
Just wondering: for bikes with the Di2 Junction in the seat post (i'm assuming the battery is also crammed in there) does that mean there are two wires running into the seatpost? How do you easily disconnect both if you have to take the seatpost out for travel? The battery seems straightforward to remove its wire, but the Junction wire seems complicated to remove.

P K
06-09-2020, 10:14 PM
Just wondering: for bikes with the Di2 Junction in the seat post (i'm assuming the battery is also crammed in there) does that mean there are two wires running into the seatpost? How do you easily disconnect both if you have to take the seatpost out for travel? The battery seems straightforward to remove its wire, but the Junction wire seems complicated to remove.

There is a wire from the battery (that is also in the seat post) to the junction box and a wire up from the seat tube to the junction box.

You can remove the junction box from the post (so you can access the wires connected to it) then disconnect the wire that comes from the seat tube (or both if you can't tell which is which) to get the post out/free

mmendoza87
06-09-2020, 10:34 PM
There is a wire from the battery (that is also in the seat post) to the junction box and a wire up from the seat tube to the junction box.

You can remove the junction box from the post (so you can access the wires connected to it) then disconnect the wire that comes from the seat tube (or both if you can't tell which is which) to get the post out/free

Makes sense, I guess it's just an extra step to unplug the wire. And the Junction box is usually held by tiny hex or Torx screws you'll have to not lose and bring a wrench for during travel.

zmalwo
06-10-2020, 12:42 AM
Bikes like these makes me wonder where is the bike industry going after this. Besides the weight, where else can they possibly improve on those bikes?

Mattre
06-10-2020, 04:59 AM
I'll bet the bottom bracket creaks

fignon's barber
06-10-2020, 05:09 AM
That bike already has major saddle to bar drop. Why does it need more? Fashion over function? :confused:

Tim

Please explain how you can decide for me if a bike fits me if you've never seen me, or never seen me on that bike. Always interested in learning more about telepathic biomechanics. :bike:

mcteague
06-10-2020, 05:41 AM
Please explain how you can decide for me if a bike fits me if you've never seen me, or never seen me on that bike. Always interested in learning more about telepathic biomechanics. :bike:

Well, same way you can tell if you fit a bike just by looking at a picture on the web. :rolleyes:

Tim

Elefantino
06-10-2020, 05:43 AM
I'll bet the bottom bracket creaks

It's threaded.

fignon's barber
06-10-2020, 06:12 AM
Well, same way you can tell if you fit a bike just by looking at a picture on the web. :rolleyes:

Tim

Big difference is "I" made a comment on that bike for "me". I know my own bike fit. You don't. By the way, I have a new pair of pants sitting on the table. Can you tell me if they fit? :rolleyes: