PDA

View Full Version : A very first world problem (tires)

tuxbailey
06-06-2020, 05:45 PM
So I have two new tires, both Vittoria Rubino Pro, one is G compound (Pro) and the other is G+ compound (Pro Speed.)

Is it okay to use them as set? If so which one should go to the front?

I am half joking since I will just use them anyway as I don't think it will make any difference on my riding. But also want to know if there are actual difference as well as the science behind a decision.

akelman
06-06-2020, 05:46 PM
If you use them together, in any combination, you'll be lucky to escape with your life. Given the danger, your best option is to send them to me.

eddief
06-06-2020, 05:49 PM
may the bird of paradise fly up your nose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfYFx6MOTYU

C40_guy
06-06-2020, 06:06 PM
Watch for the Fashion Police!

tuxbailey
06-06-2020, 08:00 PM
If you use them together, in any combination, you'll be lucky to escape with your life. Given the danger, your best option is to send them to me.

:banana::banana::banana:

simonov
06-07-2020, 09:52 AM
So I have two new tires, both Vittoria Rubino Pro, one is G compound (Pro) and the other is G+ compound (Pro Speed.)

Is it okay to use them as set? If so which one should go to the front?

I am half joking since I will just use them anyway as I don't think it will make any difference on my riding. But also want to know if there are actual difference as well as the science behind a decision.

Same size? If so, I'd put the more durable one in the back since rears wear faster and so you have a nicer riding tire up front. That said, given my experience with Vittoria, you'll need to replace them both soon enough due to cuts and flats that it doesn't really much matter.

Frankwurst
06-07-2020, 09:56 AM

This is what I like about this forum. We are concerned about fellow forumites.:beer:

tuxbailey
06-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Same size? If so, I'd put the more durable one in the back since rears wear faster and so you have a nicer riding tire up front. That said, given my experience with Vittoria, you'll need to replace them both soon enough due to cuts and flats that it doesn't really much matter.

This makes sense. I assume G is more durable than G+?

godfrey1112000
06-07-2020, 12:20 PM
:banana::banana::banana:

And they might make you butt look 👀 big:eek: