PDA

View Full Version : Track pedals

nick0137
01-24-2007, 12:39 PM
OK, who can help on this one? Grant? 11.4?

I normally ride Time Impacts on road and track - perfectly fine. But for the Nagasawa build up (don't ask why it's not yet built - "Events dear boy, events" as Macmillan said) I thought they would look, well, wrong. So, I'm thinking proper track pedals, clips, double straps and the like. But which pedals are best?

I'm not obsessed about being full-on NJS but these look pretty cool, and have a cleat which would make me feel a bit more at home: http://www.worldclasscycles.com/mks_exa_pedal.htm

Whaddya think?

jwprolo
01-24-2007, 01:15 PM
MKS makes beautifull products, and pretty much anything you choose from them would complement your bike well. I race on the custom nuevo pedals with MKS LL (extra large- buy one size larger than the euro standard) clips and Toshi straps. You should always wear a cleat of some sort while racing, but it doesn't have to be a special one like the EXA or the dura-ace pedals. Just find a shop with a crusty old guy to get a slot cleat to put on your shoes. You may also need different shoes, as the clips and straps sometimes are incompatible with the lowest strap on shoes. Most around here either ride the addidas zipper shoe (road comp, I think) or triathalete shoes.

Grant McLean
01-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Nick,

Anything from MKS will do you proud. (even if you slip your time clipless back
on for some riding) Just make sure no cameras are around when you're without
clips ;)

Which wheels are going on there?

g

nick0137
01-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks guys.

Wheels are still under discussion. My standard track wheels (GP4, Suzue Promax Carbon and Veloflex tubs) will go on in the immediate future. Mebbe some nice Araya rims and some NOS Suntour Superbe hubs? Still looking....

Grant McLean
01-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys.

(GP4, Suzue Promax Carbon and Veloflex tubs) ....

works for me!
My only pet peeve is shimano hubs and sugino cranks on the same bike...
But only when wearing my fashionista hat. D/A hubs are nice too.

g