PDA

View Full Version : Orbea Avant M40/Fuji Gran Fondo Classico 1.3

gettysburg
06-05-2020, 04:39 PM
I am looking at purchasing an endurance bike and wanted to get some feedback. I am looking at two bikes. A 2020 Red Fuji Gran Fondo Classico 1.3 with rim brakes and 105 components size 50 frame. The other bike is a Orbea Avant M40 with rim brakes and shimano tiagra components size 53. I am 5’9” with a 30” inseam. I prefer rim brakes on the bike.

gettysburg
06-05-2020, 08:39 PM
Which would you choice?

gettysburg
06-11-2020, 11:44 AM
Any bike experts on this forum can tell me which endurance road bike is better, the Orbea Avant M40 or the Fuji Gran Fondo Classico 1.3

AngryScientist
06-11-2020, 11:53 AM
i have not looked up the geometries of either of those bikes, but my initial reaction is that a 50 would be too small for a person of 5-9.

in that regard, you should like a newer cyclist, so first of all, welcome to the forum! since you are looking for an "endurance" model frame, i suspect one of your main wanted attributes is comfort over the long haul on a bike.

since it sounds like you dont know what your fit numbers need to look like, i suggest you research and find a competent fitter in your area and have them evaluate your body and position on the bike, and recommend some contact point dimensions. consider that lower end bikes generally come with crappy saddles and you may very well need to swap stems and bars to achieve proper fit, so there is more to a good fitting bike than the initial purchase.

all shimano components now are very good, so i'd be fine with putting a newer rider on tiagra or 105, no questions asked.

good luck!