PDA

View Full Version : NAHBS Raffle - How Cool

kbone
01-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I read this on cyclingnews.com. I would love to get a ticket to win this ride!

-------------

North American Handmade Bicycle Show launches Project Tessa to benefit juvenile diabetes This year's upcoming North American Handmade Bicycle Show will showcase some of the continent's greatest talents in bicycle framebuilding, and show organizers have drawn on some of those immense resources to raise money for a worthy cause. Project Tessa is named after NAHBS show organizer Don Walker's daughter, who developed juvenile diabetes at the age of 5 and is now living with the disease at age 16. Attendees will be able to purchase raffles tickets at this year's show for a chance to win what could arguably be among the most priceless bicycles ever created.

Legendary builders Brian Baylis, Roland Della Santa, Doug Fattic, Bruce Gordon, Tom Kellogg, Andy Newlands, Mark Nobilette, Richard Sachs and J.P. Weigle will all cooperate to create a single unique frame for the lucky winner. Between them, the nine men share nearly three centuries of experience. The frame will be fully custom-fit, and each lug and joint will be detailed by one of the aforementioned artisans. The frame will be built using Pacenti Original lugs, Columbus tubing, and Richard Sachs dropouts, and will be outfitted with a full Campagnolo Record group and Phil Wood hubs. Until the process is started, one can only imagine what that frame would be like, but you can likely rest assured that it will be special creation indeed.

"I am touched that such a great group of artisans are contributing their efforts on behalf of the JDRF," said Walker. "Their partnership in this project to benefit the search for a cure to juvenile diabetes means a lot to Tessa and me.

davep
01-24-2007, 11:59 AM
You can get raffle tickets at https://rabbittrax.com/reg/tickets.asp?EventID=3. It won't be the winning ticket though, because that one is mine :)

kbone
01-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the link davep. Oh, and, I am sorry but you must be mistaken... I am pretty sure I just bought the winning ticket :)