PDA

View Full Version : RWGPS-viewing other users' routes

marciero
06-05-2020, 10:35 AM
I recall being able to see all the public routes for a given user account on ride with gps. Now I see only "recent routes and rides". It appears that you can see all the routes for users you've added as a friend. But it would be nice to filter routes by user account for non-friends in addition to the other criteria by which you can search your own routes, or all public routes; mostly location and distance. On a related note, the keyword search does not even recognize user names, so there appears to be no way to search accounts that way. Did something change recently? I have the basic subscription.

unterhausen
06-05-2020, 11:21 AM
you can search for people's public routes by their user name. Not sure about rides, which is a different thing. I pay though.

I think that the default for routes is private now. Many people have no reason to change that.

marciero
06-05-2020, 12:05 PM
you can search for people's public routes by their user name. Not sure about rides, which is a different thing. I pay though.

I think that the default for routes is private now. Many people have no reason to change that.

Yes am seeing that now under the Find tab (who knew??) and am seeing all the routes. In fact that must be the way I was accessing before. What prompted my question was that I had selected the username link underneath a route which takes you to a landing page-type page https://ridewithgps.com/users/xxxxxx from which you dont seem to be able to access all the routes. Is moot though.

unterhausen
06-05-2020, 01:02 PM
they changed their interface a couple of times, and I haven't been using it that much so everything is hard to find. Searching for routes starting within a distance of a location still seems to work the same as it always did. Which wasn't great.