PDA

View Full Version : Stages Factory Install

madsciencenow
06-05-2020, 07:16 AM
Anybody hear anything about when Stages is going to be offering factory install again? They have a note on their site indicating they’ve stopped due to COVID and I was wondering if anyone has heard when they might be offering this service again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hollowgram5
06-05-2020, 09:03 AM
I would guess it's worth reaching out to them to see when they plan to bring it back online. I was just discussing this with a buddy yesterday about 4iiii as their program still seems to be operating.

madsciencenow
06-05-2020, 09:54 AM
I would guess it's worth reaching out to them to see when they plan to bring it back online. I was just discussing this with a buddy yesterday about 4iiii as their program still seems to be operating.

I may do this.

What’s your experience been w/ 4iii? I’ve not tried yet but have considered.

hollowgram5
06-05-2020, 10:20 AM
I may do this.

What’s your experience been w/ 4iii? I’ve not tried yet but have considered.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI've got a 4iiii on a praxis crankset. It's pretty nice for a left arm. Good experience so far.

Haven't ever dug in to compare to my Quarq or even my trainer, but they seem to have their stuff together with some big pro team sponsorships.

They will also do dual arm on many styles of cranksets, and I have considered sending my other praxis crank up to have pm installed on it as well.

madsciencenow
06-05-2020, 10:36 AM
I've got a 4iiii on a praxis crankset. It's pretty nice for a left arm. Good experience so far.

Haven't ever dug in to compare to my Quarq or even my trainer, but they seem to have their stuff together with some big pro team sponsorships.

They will also do dual arm on many styles of cranksets, and I have considered sending my other praxis crank up to have pm installed on it as well.

Thanks! I may look into this for another crankset that I’ll need a PM on eventually. My current need is for campy 12 and I’m not aware 4iii does campy?

Coffee Rider
06-05-2020, 12:47 PM
My current need is for campy 12 and I’m not aware 4iii does campy?

I recall reading that they do and it's the same price for carbon as aluminum, whereas it's $100 more from stages.

madsciencenow
06-05-2020, 12:52 PM
I recall reading that they do and it's the same price for carbon as aluminum, whereas it's $100 more from stages.

I looked them up and their prices are certainly better than stages, especially if you want the dual-sided on a Shimano crankset. I also see that they do potenza but not Chorus, Record, or SR for dual-sided. Looks like they do all flavors of Campy for single-sided.

Thanks!