PDA

View Full Version : New Ott but ???

mpetry
01-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Well I've owned an Ottrott for 4 years and considering my fleet of 6 bikes (2
Serottas, Cinelli, Brian Baylis, Alex Singer, Hetchins, etc) it gets ridden about 1000 miles / year. It is without a doubt the best bike I've ever ridden.

I am considering upgrading to the latest model, however, with sloping top tube, S bend chainstays, and possibly the new geometry (HSG ?).

I am not particularly cost-sensitive, but a new Ott is $6000 bucks, against what I could sell the old frame for which if recent sales on eBoy are any indication, is not much. (Mavic1010, if you have any comments, please jump in here!)

So I'd like to ask the group for opinions - it is "worth it" to go to the new Ottrott, is there enough there to justify the cost, etc.

Also where can I find a Serotta Ti stem, 1 1/8, 90 deg, 110 cm? Most of the stem offerings from FSA, Deda, and others just don't do it for me.

Thanks for any comments.

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

obtuse
01-24-2007, 11:33 AM
keep your old ottrott buy a meivici.

obtuse

CNY rider
01-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Mark you will likely do better selling your Ottrott here than on the Bay.

dauwhe
01-24-2007, 11:45 AM
If you send me your Alex Singer, I'll not only pay for shipping, but make a small contribution to your Ottrott/Meivici fund :)

Dave

mpetry
01-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks !

I will get that Singer boxed up and on its way to you tomorrow!

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

SoCalSteve
01-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Mark you will likely do better selling your Ottrott here than on the Bay.

Respectfully, I have found that ebay is a far superior place to sell high $$$ bike related items then on this Forum. You have millions of people on ebay every day as opposed to thousands here.

Just one mans opinion.

As for selling and GETTING what you think its worth, thats up to the marketplace to decide. I think the market is really soft now and probably not the best time to sell anything high end that has to do with being outdoors.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Steve

Ozz
01-24-2007, 12:10 PM
what size is it?

mpetry
01-24-2007, 12:18 PM
60 cm, 58.5 TT c to c, level top toob, hardtail, yellow, F1 fork (1")

A very nice bike

http://www.petry.org/markp/serottayel.jpg

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

CNY rider
01-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Anyone seen Dave around?

DRZRM
01-24-2007, 12:32 PM
I didn't know there were any Ottrotts with F-1s! That's a good looking bike, but I have to agree with Steve, the market is very soft, and it's even softer here than Ebay. Be prepared to get much less for that than you want if you choose to sell (if you are OK with that...drop me a PM...it's just my size :rolleyes: )

CNY rider
01-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Respectfully, I have found that ebay is a far superior place to sell high $$$ bike related items then on this Forum. You have millions of people on ebay every day as opposed to thousands here.

Just one mans opinion.

As for selling and GETTING what you think its worth, thats up to the marketplace to decide. I think the market is really soft now and probably not the best time to sell anything high end that has to do with being outdoors.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Steve

Steve, you are likely right about the dollar size of the sale. I just find buying and selling things here so much easier......I don't stress over who's trying to screw me over, or if something listed is really stolen goods or has been lifted from some other auction.......

Ozz
01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Anyone seen Dave around?
ooops.....just my size!

With the F1, that is probably a 2002 model? First year I think....