PDA

View Full Version : Shoulda never got on it

TimD
05-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Spent some time today at International Cycle in Newton, helping a friend try to find something off-the-rack which might fit him (54x57 or thereabouts) to commute on.

While there I asked if I could take a 60cm CIII out for a spin. Ultegra build with Open Pros & Vittorias, plastic platform pedals.

I didn't ride it for long and probably had a biased opinion to begin with but I must say it felt really, really good and certainly more forgiving than my K-equipped Marcelo. I guess I' m going to have to get a new set of wheels to try.

With a Thomson post, Cane Creek headset, and a nondescript saddle the list was $2400, which seemed like a reasonable deal to me, especially since it was on the discount rack and probably could have been had for less... sigh. :crap:

Climb01742
05-16-2004, 05:41 AM
tim, i'd definitely try your marcelo with something more comfy than the Ks. when i first built my marcelo, i put on the new DA wheels. they are much more comfy than Ks, but even so, they gave the marcelo a little extra buzz. OPs were sweeter. i'm really finding that my steel frames ride much better on softer wheels, while ti frames can smooth out faster but harsher wheels. but then again, i'm a two things...a wuss...and slow. :p