PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo Tiny Shifter Washer

Shoeman
06-04-2020, 01:13 PM
I bought a set of used 09+ Campy shifters two of the washer were missing already. Installing them one popped out & I lost it somewhere. Question, are they necessary or will I ruin the shifters/cable by not running them????
Thanks

ultraman6970
06-04-2020, 04:54 PM
Sorry, what washer are u talking about??? still cant understand too well... im even thinking you are talking about ferules?

fmradio516
06-04-2020, 05:23 PM
are you talking about the tiny brass washer?

Shoeman
06-04-2020, 05:27 PM
The teenie tiny brass washer replaces the ferrules on the derailluer housing for Campy 2009+ (Gumby Type) ergo shifters.

paredown
06-04-2020, 07:51 PM
PM OldPotatoe--he has said before that he has some of the "wee brass washers".

oldpotatoe
06-05-2020, 06:54 AM
I bought a set of used 09+ Campy shifters two of the washer were missing already. Installing them one popped out & I lost it somewhere. Question, are they necessary or will I ruin the shifters/cable by not running them????
Thanks

The wee washer that the shift housing presses agains(?) YES, they should be used and there are 2 per lever, one in each 'hole' that you can choose for your der housing, in front of or in back of hbars.

I have them BTW..for sale

Tommasini53
06-06-2020, 08:39 PM
The wee washer that the shift housing presses agains(?) YES, they should be used and there are 2 per lever, one in each 'hole' that you can choose for your der housing, in front of or in back of hbars.

I have them BTW..for sale

So, each lever comes with 2 of these washers?? So each lever has a "spare" that the OP could fish out? If I understand OldPatoe's description. I've never looked in the der cable routing that I don't use. Nice to know there is a spare when drop and lose one of those.

oldpotatoe
06-07-2020, 06:51 AM
So, each lever comes with 2 of these washers?? So each lever has a "spare" that the OP could fish out? If I understand OldPotatoe's description. I've never looked in the der cable routing that I don't use. Nice to know there is a spare when drop and lose one of those.

2 possible ways to route the der housing, front and back so yes, 2 washers per lever. OP had only 1 after 2 missing and dropping one..these shouod come in a little package that say 'lose me'...:)

AND, just for info..on one of the early 11s Gumby systems I installed..just couldn't get it to shift well..lotsa drag..BUT, took the der inner wire out and saw the wee washer had turned sideways when pushing the inner wire up thru the lever..for info..