PDA

View Full Version : customer service does exist - Rudy Project Glasses

eddief
06-01-2020, 11:03 PM
Had a pair of 3 year old flipup glasses with prescriptions underneath. Noticed a crack in each spot where the lenses click into the frame. They turned them around in less than 24 hours and charged me $25 including shipping. Now granted the glasses are really spendy but glad to get them back so quickly and at reasonable rate.

parris
06-01-2020, 11:07 PM
Thanks for letting us know. My wife has a couple pair of Maui Jim glasses and their CS is just "okay". I also have several sets of Oakley RX sunglasses and when I talk to their CS people it's pretty obvious they're not on their game at all.

dddd
06-02-2020, 01:44 AM
Another long-time Rudy Project customer here, no complaints at all.

By comparison with Bolle, I remember some years back having to pay almost half of the new retail price of the Bolle glasses just for a new one-piece lens that had failed on it's own, in two places, after just a few short years. And Bolle needlessly required me to send them my glasses (and my money) instead of simply sending my the lens.

Ozz
06-02-2020, 10:16 AM
Another long-time Rudy Project customer here, no complaints at all.

By comparison with Bolle, I remember some years back having to pay almost half of the new retail price of the Bolle glasses just for a new one-piece lens that had failed on it's own, in two places, after just a few short years. And Bolle needlessly required me to send them my glasses (and my money) instead of simply sending my the lens.
+1

Have had a pair of Rydons for about 15 yrs.....needed new nose piece a couple years ago...contacted Rudy Project and they had it to me in just a few days....don't recall price, but certainly all-in less than $25.....easy peasy.

benb
06-02-2020, 10:47 AM
Yah I have Rydons that are 4 years old, awesome. I've had to tighten the screws and some of the paint came off but they look fine without paint in that area.

Get yourself some with Rx lenses from Sports Optical.. such great glasses and not expensive for Rx, about 1/2 what the eye doctor would want for an inferior product.

djg21
06-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Every time I need a new prescription, it’s less expensive to get a complete set of glasses from my Optician than it is to just replace the lenses. So I have the spares and all the non-RX lenses stashed away in a closet. The Rydons are great, and Rudy has been really good the couple times I’ve needed small parts.

benb
06-02-2020, 11:18 AM
You have an Rx that your Optician will actually fill with Rydon lenses?

My Doctor/Optician wouldn't go anywhere near glasses like the Rydons.

And the ridiculous thing is this past winter I went through significant difficulty getting new *regular* glasses cause they made a couple pairs that made me get motion sick.. with much smaller lenses than the Rydons.

The Rydons from Sports Optical are enormous lenses compared to anything the Optician was ever willing to make and they've never given me any motion sickness..

It sucks.. whatever computer system the big labs are using to calculate the curvature of the prescriptions for astigmatism sucks horribly compared to whatever the tech at Sports Optical has figured out.

It kind of makes me wonder if I should try ordering regular glasses from them.

With insurance I was getting quotes of ~$600 for flat/small Rx sunglasses lenses with no frame from the Optician/Eye Dr. this winter.. ridiculous. My Rydon frames with 2 sets of Rx lenses were $600 without using my insurance.

djg21
06-02-2020, 11:39 AM
You have an Rx that your Optician will actually fill with Rydon lenses?

My Doctor/Optician wouldn't go anywhere near glasses like the Rydons.

And the ridiculous thing is this past winter I went through significant difficulty getting new *regular* glasses cause they made a couple pairs that made me get motion sick.. with much smaller lenses than the Rydons.

The Rydons from Sports Optical are enormous lenses compared to anything the Optician was ever willing to make and they've never given me any motion sickness..

It sucks.. whatever computer system the big labs are using to calculate the curvature of the prescriptions for astigmatism sucks horribly compared to whatever the tech at Sports Optical has figured out.

It kind of makes me wonder if I should try ordering regular glasses from them.

With insurance I was getting quotes of ~$600 for flat/small Rx sunglasses lenses with no frame from the Optician/Eye Dr. this winter.. ridiculous. My Rydon frames with 2 sets of Rx lenses were $600 without using my insurance.

Yes. I have photochromatic grey progressive lenses. I’ve been using them for a number of years. The lenses are expensive. My optician does a lot of sports stuff and it is local. I had cataract surgery so my eyes are stable. I still need correction on account of my astigmatism, and I need progressives to see up close and read my Garmin.