05-31-2020, 11:29 PM
Curfew Walnut creek 6:00pm to 5:00am thru June 8
It is happening all over California Bay area and USA
Heicoters over head has i type this.
Last Curfew I went thru was Detroit WW-11 1941 thru 1945
The big thing was close all blinds drapes etc so no light was visuable outside
My Dad was involved in checking homes were we lived for light leakage
All to avoid being bombed by the Germans
Has an architect i know what is going to take to get these retail stores back to has before
There isn't some big supply of glass waiting there to replace all those broken windows
Hope all of you are safe
Charles

prototoast
05-31-2020, 11:41 PM
Good thing I got my ride in early today.

Steve in SLO
05-31-2020, 11:47 PM
Grafitti in downtown San Luis Obispo.
Yep, even here in whitebread SLO.

Elefantino
06-01-2020, 06:54 AM
Glad I don't work at the Performance there anymore.

unterhausen
06-01-2020, 08:23 AM
I was a little worried I was going to run into a curfew at the end of last night's ride, but I guess the protest yesterday was peaceful and dispersed without any problems. Which is rare for State College, one of the worst riots here was because of the Arts Fest (i.e., no reason at all, just to bust up the town). But it's apparent that there are a lot of students in town for no good reason. No wonder traffic hasn't gone down like it usually does in the summer.

Spdntrxi
06-01-2020, 09:10 AM
Grafitti in downtown San Luis Obispo.
Yep, even here in whitebread SLO.

of course the tagger ...tags his own name larger then the message. :rolleyes:

papa bless
06-01-2020, 09:40 AM

ACAB = All Cops Are Bastards

IJWS
06-01-2020, 09:41 AM

I looked it up. ACAB = All Cops Are Ba****ds.

Clean39T
06-01-2020, 09:46 AM
Why is this thread still open? It's been open longer than the others. It's at the top.

Either Paceline takes a stand against bigotry and hatred, and allows that conversation to take place as V-salon has in a separate OT forum, or it takes a stand that ALL off-topic discussion needs to find another home.

I'm fine with either.

But allowing some threads to linger on is unfair to those who are biting their tongues elsewhere.

mistermo
06-01-2020, 09:47 AM
I'm OK with the mods decision to lock the Peloton thread. But like akelman, I don't understand the logic applied. Why is this thread permitted, but the Peloton thread locked?

AngryScientist
06-01-2020, 09:52 AM
But allowing some threads to linger on is unfair to those who are biting their tongues elsewhere.

Perhaps some of you adults can just go ahead and bite your tongues without the mods needing to shut threads down?

Is exercising self restraint and self policing too difficult?

Perhaps also, it could be understood that there is not a moderator "on duty" 24/7 reading every thread and every post?

One last point: Most of the time the mods dont just close a thread without taking a moment to think about it and discuss internally. Give us a break here eh?

Off-topic discussion here in the General Discussion section has always been a vibrant part of the DNA of this place.

Unfortunately, during these tumultuous times certain topics just need to be restricted to keep the peace around here. Sorry for those of you who think we are operating "unjustly" - but it's not as easy as some of you may think, and it's a full time job.

Good grief. Go ride your bikes.

AngryScientist
06-01-2020, 09:55 AM
Why is this thread still open? It's been open longer than the others. It's at the top.

by the way, including mine, shutting it down there are 11 posts in this thread.

eleven.

that's not exactly running wild.

how fast should we the mods have caught it? Is <10 posts up to your standards?

No need to respond.