PDA

View Full Version : Shipping time from Merlin Cycles

PaMtbRider
05-31-2020, 07:11 PM
I ordered some parts from Merlin and it shows they left the UK on May 14th. USPS has yet to show receipt on their end. I know things are slower right now with Covid, but how long should I wait till I ask Merlin to track the package?

flying
05-31-2020, 07:23 PM
I bought tires from them on May 6th

They left via Royal Mail on May 8th

Tracking via USPS came alive on May 15th

They arrived at my post box USA May 18th

So I imagine your order is close

It always depends on what day it left
Sometimes day it left is not same as day ordered
Then figure in weekend etc

9tubes
05-31-2020, 07:43 PM
I ordered from Merlin May 12, arrived May 28.

Tracking said it went from England to SFO, then the USPS took it to Champaign Illinois, then to Seattle for delivery. Go figure.

With COVID-19 I don't expect anything to be quick.

bob heinatz
05-31-2020, 07:48 PM
Shoes took two weeks to Oregon. It got stuck in the east coast for one week.

YesNdeed
05-31-2020, 08:17 PM
Ugh. Just placed an order with Merlin (and PBK) this morning. I'll update the thread on my delivery status.

thirdgenbird
05-31-2020, 08:20 PM
I’ve got two USPS packages that have been “in transit” for months. Others arrived with little to no delay. Note these were not customs delays. They cleared customs the same day they were presented and then stopped moving a few days later.

fjaws
05-31-2020, 11:16 PM
Ordered Shoes on 5/6 and just showed up 5/30. Seemed to sit at the point of entry in the US for some time, before finally moving.

cinema
05-31-2020, 11:20 PM
2.5 weeks to los angeles

fignon's barber
06-01-2020, 06:15 AM
Last month I placed 2 UK orders on the same day, one from Merlin and one from another retailer. Both traveled quickly through UK and to NY. The Merlin package then made it to me 3 days later (total time one week). The second package didn't arrive for 3 weeks, stuck in NY. So you never know.

floxy1
06-01-2020, 06:26 AM
2.5 weeks to DFW. Most of that time appears to be in customs.

PaMtbRider
06-01-2020, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I wait a little longer. No big deal, it's one of the risks when ordering from overseas.

AngryScientist
06-01-2020, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I wait a little longer. No big deal, it's one of the risks when ordering from overseas.

yea, i definitely would not be worried yet.

i ordered some pedals from them around the same time and havent seen them yet either.

TDot
06-01-2020, 06:57 AM
I’ve ordered numerous times from Merlin. Sometimes the goods come from the UK and sometimes from Spain. Either way it’s always been at least two weeks and these days it’s probably a it longer. I wouldn’t worry!

superbowlpats
06-01-2020, 07:00 AM
I ordered a couple of ti brake nuts from Total Cycling in the UK on 3 May. They arrived on 29 May.

Basso69
06-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Ordered a cassette from Merlin, shipped to Canada May 10, still waiting.

Jeff Weir
06-01-2020, 08:36 AM
I ordered a pair of shoes from them last month.
Played order on Tuesday night, delivered to me Friday morning!!!!

PaMtbRider
06-01-2020, 10:24 AM
I placed an order from SwissIconic and received it in about 4 days. I guess that's the difference from FedEx handling the package the entire route and having it handed off from Royal mail to USPS. Again, no worries, I use to get packages from Merlin in 4-5 days but these are different times.

YesNdeed
06-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Orders from both Merlin and Probikekit were placed Sunday May 31st and arrived Friday June 5th. All deliveries were handled DHL.

A word on duty and import tax fees, and a little something called the harmonized tariff schedule. Most here seem to know that anything under $800 is duty free, but, if the combined total in your package is that amount or more, you could be taxed up to 30% of the indicated value. In my case, the package from Merlin was taxed 10%, plus $15 for customs to release it ($100.80). I could dispute this with customs and claim I was overcharged, but it could result in a $90 fee if it turns out I was not. I'm not interested in recourse at this point, but if this helps anyone, it's worth posting.

flying
06-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Orders from both Merlin and Probikekit were placed Sunday May 31st and arrived Friday June 5th.

A word on duty and import tax fees, and a little something called the harmonized tariff schedule. Most here seem to know that anything under $800 is duty free, but, if the combined total in your package is that amount or more, you could be taxed up to 30% of the indicated value. In my case, the package from Merlin was taxed 10%, plus $15 for customs to release it ($100.80). I could dispute this with customs and claim I was overcharged, but it could result in a $90 fee if it turns out I was not. I'm not interested in recourse at this point, but if this helps anyone, it's worth posting.

Thank you for that info it is good to know!

muz
06-08-2020, 07:22 PM
In my case, the package from Merlin was taxed 10%, plus $15 for customs to release it ($100.80).

Was it delivered by USPS? Initial shipment by DHL?

KJMUNC
06-08-2020, 07:30 PM
I bought a groupset from them last Tuesday and it was delivered Sunday via DHL

PaMtbRider
06-08-2020, 08:24 PM
The parts from Merlin arrived today. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks from the time they were ordered.

ERK55
06-08-2020, 09:03 PM
So the answer is
It’s all over the map. Fini.

YesNdeed
06-08-2020, 09:07 PM
Was it delivered by USPS? Initial shipment by DHL?

All DHL. Post has been edited.

jm714
06-08-2020, 10:59 PM
I placed an order with bike24 via paypal on May 15 and never got any notice from them that it was shipped. PayPal says they won’t transfer the money till its ready to ship.

On May 23 I placed another order with them using a Visa card and I received notice the next day with a tracking number via DHL. For the past seven days USPS says they are waiting on DHL to for the package to complete delivery.

Last Thursday I opened a dispute with paypal to get a tracking number from them on my original order. Bike24 gave me a tracking number for that order..........it’s the same tracking number as my May 23 shipment.

I sent them an email on Friday asking if they combined my orders. They haven’t responded.

RoadWhale
06-09-2020, 01:24 AM
I ordered Super Record shifters from Merlin on 8 May, they were shipped the very next day. On 10 May USPS in Chicago said the package was processed and released. Not a single update or further progress since the 10th of May. There is a 30 day wait to file a missing package claim with the USPS. I reached out to Merlin a couple weeks ago and they advised patience due to the pandemic. I think that was reasonable. Unless the package pops up in the next couple days I hope Merlin will help me resolve this transaction. After several European cycling purchases this is the first time I've had a problem and it wasn't Merlin's fault. So I'm not sure if they have any obligation to help.

tuscanyswe
06-09-2020, 01:32 AM
I have 5+ shipments that left sweden early may heading for the USA that has yet to be scanned in usa. They are in a wearhouse somewhere waiting for newman to be bothered i guess :)

This seem to be happening all over the world. Have package delays in Japan and Ireland as well.

Zackus
06-09-2020, 06:04 AM
Not that you really need further confirmation of it being all over the map, but pre-covid, last fall I ordered some tires and they took two weeks.

The tracking code they gave me had no activity for over a week then I emailed and they said the package was undergoing routine customs inspection. I was confused on why it took so long because I had just ordered from chain reaction and selected the $5.99 DHL shipping upgrade and received the package 3 business days after ordering. I couldn't believe how quick it was for international.

I'd order from Merlin again as long as I didn't need it any time soon.

climbgdh
06-09-2020, 07:28 AM
I placed an order with Merlin on May 11. Package hasn’t been scanned in Canada yet according to tracking. Pre CV19 I’d normally get parcels in less than 10 days. Still patiently waiting......

oldguy00
06-09-2020, 07:44 AM
I have 5+ shipments that left sweden early may heading for the USA that has yet to be scanned in usa. They are in a wearhouse somewhere waiting for newman to be bothered i guess :)

This seem to be happening all over the world. Have package delays in Japan and Ireland as well.

Its the same within Canada, just shipping stuff from province to province, packages are sitting in warehouses waiting to be processed. I have two packs shipped from Ontario, to me in Nova Scotia, around May 20th, still haven't arrived.

vespasianus
06-09-2020, 05:29 PM
I ordered parts on June 5th and they were delivered today, June 9th. I am in the SE of the USA. Was not expecting them so fast. A little shocked.

flying
06-09-2020, 10:21 PM
Man I just noticed Merlin has doubled their shipping charges to the USA

On my May order was $13
Now it is $26 :rolleyes:

vespasianus
06-10-2020, 09:20 AM
Man I just noticed Merlin has doubled their shipping charges to the USA

On my May order was $13
Now it is $26 :rolleyes:

My shipping was free. I have also noticed that place like bike-discount don't even have an option to ship to the USA anymore.

flying
06-10-2020, 01:40 PM
My shipping was free. I have also noticed that place like bike-discount don't even have an option to ship to the USA anymore.

Yes that is another thing....Merlin, ProBikeKit & ChainReactionCycles all previously offered free shipping when you bought over $40-$60 worth of goods

Now Merlin is free if you spend more than $325
ProBike spend over $175
Chain Reaction had the least increase (so far) spend over $99 is free

I guess it is a sign of the times.