PDA

View Full Version : Bike shop advice north of Tampa

Bruce K
05-31-2020, 01:49 PM
A friend of mine is starting into cycling as a fitness activity.

She lives north of Tampa and is looking for a good LBS that stocks a decent range of nutrition supplies.

She is lactose intolerant, gluten free, and has some other food allergies do thinking a shop with racing or tri experience could help her get on the right track.

BK

fignon's barber
05-31-2020, 02:23 PM
Chainwheel Drive is exactly what you're looking for. They have been our team sponsor for years and are good folks who know what they are doing. They have locations in Clearwater(main store) and Palm Harbor.

Bruce K
05-31-2020, 02:34 PM
Thanks

BK

chuckroast
05-31-2020, 07:19 PM
How far north? I live in Hernando County (about 45 minutes north of the airport) and the go-to LBS here is Black Bear Bikes (Trek shop).

https://www.trekspringhill.com/

Bruce K
05-31-2020, 08:27 PM
I am wondering if that’s where she got the bike (it is a Trek).

It’s hard to tell how in depth the shop went with helping her get started.

BK

Joel
06-01-2020, 08:32 AM
A second thumbs up on Chainwheel Drive.

C50
06-01-2020, 08:36 AM
I live in the New Tampa area which is the North side of Tampa. Chainwheel has been mentioned, a good shop with a long history and some really knowledgeable people. Depending on her location it could be a not too long of a drive or over an hour to get there. If you or your friend have questions don't hesitate to message me and I can offer my opinion depending on location and needs.

Dave

Bruce K
06-01-2020, 09:09 AM
Thanks Dave

She confirmed it is A Black Bear purchase and they are working with her on some of her fit issues.

She couldn’t afford a custom fit and the purchase was a stretch but it is hard to make any real opinions from this far away as to sizing, position, etc

I am sure it will be a good experience but she has SO many health issues it will be a journey

BK