PDA

View Full Version : OT, sort of: 2 tubes and a dime bag, please!

inGobwetrust
01-23-2007, 04:21 PM
In another quality-of-life raid this weekend, Boston police executed a search warrant on a Jamaica Plain bicycle store at 657 Centre St. and came up with a lot more than bicycles.

Among the two-wheelers was allegedly a cache of guns, pounds of pot and pills galore.

Gordon King, 51, the 6-foot, 230-pound owner of the longtime bike shop allegedly told police "he sells a little weed to keep the business going," according to the BPD report of the bust.

I guess weed sells better than wheels.

Boston cops shuttered King's store, and took away his toys, which were not at all the same kind of toys found in the Halloran house of disrepute in Mission Hill.

King allegedly liked to play with guns, as police say he stashed three rifles and a handgun among the bags of pot, the morphine pills and the other illegal prescription medsrecovered in the raid.

The bike shop takedown was also prompted by neighbor complaints.

The raids are evidence that new Police Commissioner Ed Davis is following through on his promise to have his police address quality-of-life issues even while trying to squelch the bloodshed in "hotspot neighborhoods."

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=178427

davids
01-23-2007, 04:36 PM
I know that place - I've never wanted to go in there, and I usually can't keep out of bike shops. It's in the midst of a mostly-gentrified JP neighborhood.

This is good news, atmo.

dirtdigger88
01-23-2007, 05:03 PM
ok so the pros can take all the drugs they want- and us weekend warriors. . . cant even pick up a dime bag (and who buys dime bags these days????) from the LBS

Jason

SoCalSteve
01-23-2007, 05:06 PM
ok so the pros can take all the drugs they want- and us weekend warriors. . . cant even pick up a dime bag (and who buys dime bags these days????) from the LBS

Jason

With inflation, isnt a "dime" bag more like a quarter these days?

Just sayin'

bcm119
01-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I know that place - I've never wanted to go in there, and I usually can't keep out of bike shops. It's in the midst of a mostly-gentrified JP neighborhood.

This is good news, atmo.
My brother lives in that 'hood. Nice food co-op, some good little restaurants, St James Gate for beer...nice place.

Frankwurst
01-23-2007, 06:20 PM
With inflation, isnt a "dime" bag more like a quarter these days?

Just sayin'

Dime bags have been reclassified and are now considered a joint. :beer: