PDA

View Full Version : Any Size 14 (US) Lake Cycling shoe wearers?

RoosterCogset
05-30-2020, 09:15 AM
I like the look of some of Lake's shoes, but perplexed by their decision to skip a size on the large end. They go from Sz 48 to Sz 50.

I typically wear a 49 in Giros, Mavics and Sidis.. Would I have to go to a 50 in Lake and then find it too loose?

donevwil
05-30-2020, 11:59 AM
I'm a 49 wide in most everything and went with Lake 50W (as opposed to 48W) for necessary length the extra toe box room. It necessitated a thicker insole to compensate for the excessive volume which works well, but a 49W would probably have been ideal. I've since bought a 50W Bont Vaypor which is a perfect fit. I was 49W in Sidi & Shimano, but both toe boxes were to narrow (well Shimano too narrow and Sidi tapered too much).

Also keep in mind that not all Lakes are sized equally. Take a look at this page (https://lakecycling.com/pages/sizing-charts), you may fit one last better than another. FYI, before finding that page I bought a 50W race last that is languishing in the classified, too narrow for me. i.e. 50W race last does not fit, 50W sport last has too much volume in the mid foot and especially heel, 50W competition last fits very well with a slightly thicker insole. All Lake 50s are about 1/2cm too long for me.

Clean39T will likely chime in as well with a similar issue as you.

Clean39T
05-30-2020, 12:29 PM
Yep, I have two pairs of Lake size 50 shoes in the classifieds too.. The 48s are too short, the 50s are just a bit too big. Shame, they are excellent shoes.

zzy
05-30-2020, 12:38 PM
I'm a 49 and I sized down to 48s and it kinda worked. Definitely tight, but enough room in the toe box that it wasn't uncomfortable and they're a bit wider than most. But no extra room for thick socks or insole. Prefer my Bonts now.

RoosterCogset
05-30-2020, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys. I have just about an exact 30cm foot length and 10.5cm width using their measurement guide. So, I guess "Race" last is the way I should be thinking.

In theory, the 48 would work (as it supposedly covers up to 306mm, since you're only supposed to add 5mm to actual foot length), but I'd still be a bit wary that I'd likely have to go thru hassle of a return.

Clean39T
05-30-2020, 12:57 PM
Thanks guys. I have just about an exact 30cm foot length and 10.5cm width using their measurement guide. So, I guess "Race" last is the way I should be thinking.

In theory, the 48 would work (as it supposedly covers up to 306mm, since you're only supposed to add 5mm to actual foot length), but I'd still be a bit wary that I'd likely have to go thru hassle of a return.

If you're willing to pay for shipping, you're welcome to try my 50s I have in the classifieds. ie., money back guarantee, just pay for shipping if they don't work.

RoosterCogset
05-30-2020, 01:49 PM
If you're willing to pay for shipping, you're welcome to try my 50s I have in the classifieds. ie., money back guarantee, just pay for shipping if they don't work.

Thanks for the offer. That's the wider toebox version though and in a size 50 I'm pretty sure would be too big. Looking at the CX332 at various places.. do these ever go on sale?