PDA

View Full Version : campy 8 speed cassette fits 10 speed hub,-really

purplecu22
01-23-2007, 01:37 PM
I have campy 8 speed. Everything I have found and read says you cant put a 8 speed cassette on a 10 speed campy hub. Well for years i believed this. So I'm looking at my new campy 10 speed hub. Love the hub. 268grams. Dollar per gram awsome hub. 10 speed is a lot lighter than a 8 speed hub. Really wish i could run it with my 8 speed. Well I was wondering about the cassette issue. A 8 speed cassette wont fit on a 10 speed hub. Get this, It does. Has anyone else done this. Any problems with the cassette eating the hub. a common problem with new shimano hubs cassette bodies and steel cassettes. There are five contact points for tansfer of torque. .

:thumbsup:

handsomerob
11-08-2007, 10:58 PM
It will eat the hub body.

I had a 8 speed cassette on my Zondas for a few hundred miles and getting the cassette off was a bit of work. I dremeled down the gouges and the hub body is fine now, but I am pretty sure that a season of riding on it and the hub body would have been completely thrashed. It would be nice if Campy offered a non-aluminum hub body... I could care less about saving a few grams on it.