PDA

View Full Version : Black Inc Handlebar/Stem

XXtwindad
05-29-2020, 06:32 PM
Anyone have any direct experience with these. They sure look the business, but actual reviews are pretty sparse.
Thx.

elliott
05-29-2020, 07:07 PM
I do.

Pros- Very light. Pinch bolts thread into replaceable alloy inserts in case you mess something up. Has holes to run a completely hidden Di2 setup with a bar end junction. Grooves under the tops so you don't have to mess with routing brake housing internal.

Cons- Obviously cannot adjust bar angle for personally preference or different HTA. Ideally I would "roll" the bars up a hair in certain setups. If you use the Black Inc integrated out front mount, You will need to shim the the rear mounting bolt with a small washer like a presta nut to get an ideal angle for your head unit. And lastly they are $$$

R3awak3n
05-29-2020, 07:40 PM
I had a set on my english. They were pretty nice and looked really good. For some reason the garmin mount mounted crooked so I had to rig it a bit to look right... now lets not forget this is a $600 bar/stem combo and I would have been super pissed had I not got it for an amazing deal here on PL. So I do think its a nice piece but I would not pay anywhere close to $600 for it, that is for damn sure.

mmendoza87
05-29-2020, 08:00 PM
I do.

Pros- Very light. Pinch bolts thread into replaceable alloy inserts in case you mess something up. Has holes to run a completely hidden Di2 setup with a bar end junction. Grooves under the tops so you don't have to mess with routing brake housing internal.

Cons- Obviously cannot adjust bar angle for personally preference or different HTA. Ideally I would "roll" the bars up a hair in certain setups. If you use the Black Inc integrated out front mount, You will need to shim the the rear mounting bolt with a small washer like a presta nut to get an ideal angle for your head unit. And lastly they are $$$

Agree with all of these, though I never felt the computer mount needed the angle adjusted. Positive experience so far with the Black Inc.

Edit: adding to this, the Black Inc. bar shape mimics the FSA Energy Compact bar including the slight outward flare of the bar. I find the shape to be very comfortable.

dbnm
05-29-2020, 08:04 PM
Not sure what size you are looking for
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equipment/cycling-components/bike-handlebars-accessories/bike-handlebars/road-bike-handlebars/bontrager-xxx-integrated-road-handlebar/stem-legacy/p/23239/

duff_duffy
05-29-2020, 08:08 PM
That is nice looking!

Not sure what size you are looking for
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equipment/cycling-components/bike-handlebars-accessories/bike-handlebars/road-bike-handlebars/bontrager-xxx-integrated-road-handlebar/stem-legacy/p/23239/

tomato coupe
05-29-2020, 10:58 PM
Anyone have any direct experience with these. They sure look the business, but actual reviews are pretty sparse.
Thx.
Are you looking for any specific info?

XXtwindad
05-29-2020, 11:09 PM
Are you looking for any specific info?

How do they ride? Comfortable? They certainly look good, but they cost a lot of scratch.

tomato coupe
05-30-2020, 12:07 AM
How do they ride? Comfortable? They certainly look good, but they cost a lot of scratch.
I have the integrated bar/stem setup and my wife has the separate bar and stem. They're nice bars – we like them.

mmendoza87
05-30-2020, 03:43 PM

Nothing to complain about. Stiff but not too stiff and comfortable (if at all noticeable from an alloy cockpit). You're paying for weight savings and style.