PDA

View Full Version : Online purchases with PayPal

jm714
05-28-2020, 05:00 PM
Typically when you order something online you get an email update when the item ships if you use a credit card. I recently purchased something online and used my paypal account linked to my CC. Paypal said the money wouldn’t leave my account till the item was processed. I ordered on the 15th, order was processed on the 18th and my CC was charged.

Never received an email from the shop saying my order was shipped. Is that typical? It was Bike24, i have emailed them twice with no response.

tuscanyswe
05-28-2020, 05:04 PM
I dont know about the typical thing but bike 24 has been very reliable for a long time so cant think that you wont get what you ordered.

About response times i have sent 2 forms to wiggle and the last one said something like we will get back to you within 4-5 days.. And its been 10 days or so now since the first i sent. Seems online bikes shops have a lot of work right now.

jm714
05-28-2020, 05:08 PM
I have never had a problem with them before but i never used paypal with them either.

tuscanyswe
05-28-2020, 05:10 PM
I havent shoped at bike 24 in a long time and not sure i have used paypal as a way of payment when i did either but usually when i shop with paypal (i do with wiggle for instance) i still get the order confirmation email and despatch updates etc just like i would if i used my credit card.

zmudshark
05-28-2020, 05:13 PM
Their site says:

COVID-19: Delivery time 12 to 14 working days to United States.

Wait until next week and see if it shows up.

jm714
05-28-2020, 05:16 PM
Yes, i saw that on their website, i just like updates and tracking numbers which i dont have

zmudshark
05-28-2020, 05:26 PM
Yes, i saw that on their website, i just like updates and tracking numbers which i dont have

Overseas tracking is spotty unless it's UPS or FDX, which are crazy expensive. Shipping in Covid times is a crap shoot. Sometimes having a tracking number that leads to nowhere is more frustrating than not having one.

I know it's tough, but unless you want to make an overseas phone call and speak fluent German, it's probably best to be patient until it's actually sort of late.

I had to wait 3 weeks for a domestic Amazon order because of Covid. Some things that used to be taken for granted can't be, anymore. :beer:

Edit: Read this thread (https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=252607) for some insight. Customs is taking some time these days.

ultraman6970
05-28-2020, 05:40 PM
Some shops are better keeping the client updated with shipping than other ones, paypal has nothing to do with that.

No experience with bike24 but the shops overseas Ive used they always keep you pretty much updated all the time.

As for how long it will take? no idea but the last thing I got from overseas took the same time as usual and this was almost at the beginning of the pandemic.

jm714
06-17-2020, 08:53 AM
Update - it’s been 31 days since my order was processed/shipped and no updates from bike24. No sign of the shipment, no tracking number, nothing. So I opened a dispute with paypal. I have sent five emails to bike24 and they haven’t answered one of them.

I also placed a second order with them on May 23 that I did receive a tracking number for on May 26th. The following is from DHL:

Export parcel center.
Destination country/region: United States
International shipment number: CS312029xxxx
Mo, 25.05.2020, 17:35 hours
Recipient:
James, CA
Detailed tracking history

Tu, 26.05.2020, 00:32, IPZ Frankfurt
The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=%09

And there it sits, USPS says they are waiting on the shipment. I knew there might be delays with shipping, but this is getting kind of ridiculous. And the non-responsiveness of bike24 is troubling.

This is my first dispute I have opened with paypal. I’m hopeful it will be resolved in my favor otherwise it is a big loss for me.

Mark McM
06-17-2020, 10:32 AM
Update - it’s been 31 days since my order was processed/shipped and no updates from bike24. No sign of the shipment, no tracking number, nothing. So I opened a dispute with paypal. I have sent five emails to bike24 and they haven’t answered one of them.

I also placed a second order with them on May 23 that I did receive a tracking number for on May 26th. The following is from DHL:

Export parcel center.
Destination country/region: United States
International shipment number: CS312029xxxx
Mo, 25.05.2020, 17:35 hours
Recipient:
James, CA
Detailed tracking history

Tu, 26.05.2020, 00:32, IPZ Frankfurt
The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=%09

And there it sits, USPS says they are waiting on the shipment. I knew there might be delays with shipping, but this is getting kind of ridiculous. And the non-responsiveness of bike24 is troubling.

This is my first dispute I have opened with paypal. I’m hopeful it will be resolved in my favor otherwise it is a big loss for me.

There may be hope yet. A few weeks ago, I also placed an order from a German supplier (not Bike24) which was shipped via DHL, and it also had a tracking status of "Frankfurt - The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization" that was coincidentally on the same day as yours (Tuesday, May 26). The DHL status remained unchanged for 16 days, until on June 11th, the status suddenly changed to indicate that the package was handed over to customs in the US. I guess it had been on a slow boat from Europe. The package was delivered to my house last Monday, June 15th, 3 days after it cleared customs.

So, your package might be on an even slower boat from Europe.

muz
06-17-2020, 10:50 AM
Shipping is slow everywhere. I am waiting for a package shipped from Brescia to Zurich, a 4-hour drive. The package has been stuck in Milan for 8 days now!