PDA

View Full Version : 7Mesh bibs Mk3 or RK1 and bib sizing overall

pdxharth
05-27-2020, 10:25 PM
Any input on either of these would be great, especially about fit. A comparison of the two shorts would be ideal.

I consider myself a size large, generally. 6’ tall, 185-190 lbs, 34ish waist. The 7Mesh size chart tells me to size down to a medium. OK, I can get that, as I don’t have big thighs. But it’s weird to have just purchased Assos bibs in XL and Velocio winter tights in 2XL, then have to go with a medium in 7Mesh.

I make jerseys, so I completely understand how challenging it is to keep sizing consistent, even within one brand, but wow, to need a medium in one and a 2XL in another is just weird!

But I also really want to know about the differences between the two models of 7Mesh bibs, so any guidance would be appreciated.

clarendon
05-28-2020, 05:54 AM
Fairly extensive discussion of pros, cons & differences with one of the co-founders here (+ 25% discount code)
https://www.trainerroad.com/forum/t/7mesh-bib-shorts/31256?page=5

pdxharth
05-28-2020, 08:29 AM
Oh, that’s definitely a good start. Thanks!

Bentley
05-28-2020, 08:39 AM
Can’t find it in this long thread, could you post it?

pdxharth
05-28-2020, 09:42 AM
Here’s the code: SMMOREOS

In the thread, it said the code was supposed to expire already, but he let it run longer than planned. So no idea if it is still active or not.

RoosterCogset
05-28-2020, 10:39 AM
I noticed that the size chart on 7mesh's site also provides hip and thigh size guidance.. I'd check all 3 dimensions (incl waist) for yourself before deciding.

potok
05-28-2020, 03:54 PM
For what it’s worth, I'm an XL in Assos and the RK1 in L are too tight for me although I followed the sizing instructions carefully.

pdxharth
05-29-2020, 09:50 AM
Good to know. Thanks for the input.

For what it’s worth, I'm an XL in Assos and the RK1 in L are too tight for me although I followed the sizing instructions carefully.

tj7mesh
05-29-2020, 04:49 PM
Hi all, I'm with 7mesh. Thanks for the interest!

Just wanted to offer that it's quite common for people to go one size down in our bibs from some of the premium Euro brands (Assos, Rapha). Two sizes down is a bit unusual.

The waists of our bibs are quite elastic so, in priority order, we strongly recommend going by hip measure (around your widest part, including your butt) - then looking at thigh, then waist. If possible we also recommend chatting with Clare, she's our best fitter and usually available on live chat during west coast North America business hours, Sun-Thu. If you leave a question there and we're not around, we answer as soon as we can and it will send to you by email. Cheers!

VTCaraco
06-06-2020, 03:24 PM
Just cooling off after a nice ride where I got lost as hell on some dirt roads near my house. I was wearing my 7Mesh bibs from a few years ago. Ride turned out to be a bit longer than expected and longer than my more typical ride, but the bibs performed flawlessly.

I have Assos, Rapha, Gore, Voler, Giordano, Ornot and a few others. I'd rate my 7Mesh as high as my Rapha and Ornot and above everything else for my anatomy/saddle/riding.

In fact, almost bought another pair this spring but hemmed-and-hawed too long such that the coupon code mentioned here was no longer active and I opted to try the Search and State offered on the Classifieds. Hoping for those to be comparable, but thought a user-comment might be appreciated by some looking for first-hand comments on their products.