PDA

View Full Version : Any great deals out there on water bottles?

jchasse
05-27-2020, 08:09 PM
For a bunch of years, we've had more freaking water bottles than we knew what to do with. You basically couldn't put anything on parts of our pantry shelves without several water bottles falling off. (I'm talking about basic bike water bottles here like Purist and Camelbak, not vacuum HydroFlasks etc.)

Now we have an 11 yr old daughter who manages to lose about a bottle per week, and the tides have turned. We actually have a total of 6 bottles left. Unimaginable.

Any good deals out there for me to re-stock?

oldpotatoe
05-28-2020, 06:29 AM
For a bunch of years, we've had more freaking water bottles than we knew what to do with. You basically couldn't put anything on parts of our pantry shelves without several water bottles falling off. (I'm talking about basic bike water bottles here like Purist and Camelbak, not vacuum HydroFlasks etc.)

Now we have an 11 yr old daughter who manages to lose about a bottle per week, and the tides have turned. We actually have a total of 6 bottles left. Unimaginable.

Any good deals out there for me to re-stock?

Design your own!..$1.16 each..only need to order 100.....:)

https://www.discountmugs.com/product/wb20-wb20-20oz-plastic-custom-water-bottles/

But geez, got any bike shops in Durango? Throw them some biz...

https://www.google.com/search?q=bike+shops+in+durango+co&oq=bike+shops+in+Durango+CO&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.5511j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Buzz Killington
05-28-2020, 06:44 AM
Hammer Nutrition sells their logoed Specialized bottles for a good price.

jemoryl
05-28-2020, 08:04 AM
As an official cheapskate, the price of water bottles is a pet peeve of mine. Used to be you could buy something like a 10 pack of blank Specialized bottles which had a net cost of around $2. Also my local shop sold the same bottle for $3-$4 with their logo. Then came Camelbak, Polar and all the fancy insulated bottles and the prices started escalating into the $10+ range.

I'm eating breakfast and looking at a bottle of orange juice I bought for $3. It has a pretty nice bottle, plus it comes filled with OJ. Two years ago, I rented a mountain bike in the Black Forest in Germany. It was a hot day, so I thought I'd better buy a water bottle to take along. Good quality shop logo bottles - 2 euros (still use it)! Wonder if Europeans don't fall for the idea that a plastic bottle should cost more than $10?

BTW, my current favorite QPR bottle is the Zefal Sense in the 800 ml size, if you can find it.

loxx0050
05-28-2020, 08:27 AM
I've got a few (4) that I don't use if you want them and just ask that you cover shipping. They are Nashbar or REI branded regular ones and a one that is a giveaways from Triathlon series I've participated in a long time ago.

PM me and we can figure it out.

fijichf
05-28-2020, 08:42 AM
I know that mention of the brand sometimes causes consternation, but Rapha now sells MUSA Specialized bottles and their multi bottle discount and $5 shipping are reasonable. The neon pink/tiny logo brand brevet bottles are a fave.

trener1
05-28-2020, 03:14 PM
If you don't mind Team Sky, $4.50 here
https://www.nashbar.com/elite-fly-team-water-bottle-sky-550ml-130160475/p764867