PDA

View Full Version : Accent colors (MTB content)

superbowlpats
05-27-2020, 09:22 AM
I'm retiring this Friday and as a present to myself I've ordered an Ibis Ripley (XT build) in Blue Steel. https://images.immediate.co.uk/production/volatile/sites/21/2019/05/LM-IBIS-Ripley-0363-147f87f-e1556682785660.jpg?quality=90&resize=960%2C540 for wheels I'm going with Maple carbon/DT350 from my LBS (www.ridemaple.com). I have a choice for decal color and I was thinking orange - like the Gulf Racing color scheme. I could also do I9 hubs in orange. Or go with dark blue or dark grey. Any recommendations?

NHAero
05-27-2020, 10:00 AM
Congrats on retirement and perhaps some day you'll ride with VORBA on Martha's Vineyard!

Orange for sure, with that blue. Awesome bike!

Jaybee
05-27-2020, 10:07 AM
My personal aesthetic would be debadged or low key rims (like dark gray or black decals) and color on the hubs. Orange or pink or red would all look sweet with that frame.

martl
05-27-2020, 10:16 AM
the Gulf color scheme is always a winner but in this case, if it was my bike, i'd go with something darkish-grayish because that blue is absolutely gorgeous.

superbowlpats
05-27-2020, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the inputs. I'm kinda liking the idea of dark grey wheel decals and orange I9 hubs. and perhaps a set of orange grips. :banana:

d_douglas
05-27-2020, 10:48 AM
Ahhh, retirement. So far away.

Congrats!

You just bought my dream FS bike and I love that colour. If it’s an XL, you should ship it here for me to quality test it before you take it.

For wheels, I would do orange. The I9 hubs are very nice - I would try them. I own DTs and they’re hyper reliable and hyper boring ;)

d_douglas
05-27-2020, 10:51 AM
I’ve never heard of Maple wheels. When I saw the name, I assumed it was a Canadian company. I thought we had trademarked anything ‘maple’ -related!!

wehlryc
05-27-2020, 11:11 AM
Dark grey w/ orange hubs. Give us a review of the bike once you get it. I LOVE my Mojo3. Congrats on retirement!

superbowlpats
05-27-2020, 11:31 AM
Dark grey w/ orange hubs.

this is my choice. along with orange grips (easy to change if i dont like them) and orange tubeless stems. LBS said 2 to 3 weeks for the bike to show up. I'll post in the production bike gallery when i get it. coming from a Stumpjumper Hardtail, I'm pretty excited about this. thanks to all:hello:

Jaybee
05-27-2020, 11:33 AM
this is my choice. along with orange grips (easy to change if i dont like them) and orange tubeless stems. LBS said 2 to 3 weeks for the bike to show up. I'll post in the production bike gallery when i get it. coming from a Stumpjumper Hardtail, I'm pretty excited about this. thanks to all:hello:

I don't know anybody who is unhappy with their Ripley. Sometimes I kinda wish I had gone that route instead of something bigger travel.

Congrats on retirement and future NBD :beer: