PDA

View Full Version : TIME Cyclo gravel pedals

merckx
05-26-2020, 08:45 AM
It appears that the launch of TIME's Cyclo gravel pedal has gone sideways. I suppose not a surprising outcome considering TIME's current state of affairs, and COVID 19. A pity because I am a recent convert to TIME road pedals, and was looking forward to attaching the Cyclo pedals to my touring bicycle. I'll hang onto hope a bit longer, and then will likely screw on a pair of ATACs if the Cyclo pedals don't appear.

Monsieur Toast
05-26-2020, 09:14 AM
What's the point / advantage to these over their XC lineup?

Having ridden XC exclusively on MTB, then 'cross, and now road, for the last 20 years (yikes, half my life), wondering if the Time CYCLO's biggest "advantage" is having the word gravel in the name.

notsew
05-26-2020, 10:42 AM
Gravel pedals are the definitive sign of Peak Gravel.

FlashUNC
05-26-2020, 10:50 AM
Time already made the perfect gravel pedal. Not sure why this exists.

crownjewelwl
05-26-2020, 12:30 PM
i was waiting for these too...i believe the advantage was a larger more road pedal like platform..and weight (these are comparable to dura-ace pedals in weight)

but i just threw a pair of xtr race pedals...what did it for me was someone mentioned that time cleats don't play well with shimano shoes

you can find pretty stiff "gravel" shoes that may obviate the need for the larger platform

also a complaint i read in a review is that they're one-sided...i guess if you're used to traditional road pedals this isn't much of a problem

d_douglas
05-26-2020, 01:03 PM
I am assuming that these use a different cleat that ATACs? Agreed with others, TIME MTB pedals are great - why not just use them? I even scrapped my Speedplays on my road bike for a super light MTB set. Not sure if that will last, but I love being able to walk in 'normal' shoes!

PacNW2Ford
05-26-2020, 01:47 PM
Same cleats and supposedly more road pedal like stability. I use ATACs on a lot of bikes and am interested in these. Latest from Time is end of the month, please check back...