PDA

View Full Version : OSU Cyclist hit by 100 pound boulder

William
01-22-2007, 06:43 AM
He was driving his vehicle at the time, but falling rocks are still a danger in some areas. And, I WANT THE A-HOLE WHO STOLE HIS POSESSIONS AFTER THE ACCIDENT!!!!

William

SWEET HOME, Ore. - An Oregon State University student spent Saturday afternoon recovering from surgery after a 100-pound boulder slammed through his truck's windshield the day before and seriously injured him.

The accident happened Friday afternoon about 27 miles east of Sweet Home.

Sean Passage, a 23-year-old engineering student and OSU athlete, was headed to Corvallis on Highway 20 when the large rock smashed through his windshield, breaking his right arm and lacerating his kidney.

Lying injured on the ground, he tried to call 911 with his cell phone, but could not get a signal. Within a few minutes, a passing motorist stopped to help.

Oregon State troopers say the boulder most likely rolled off an embankment. There is no evidence that any person was to blame.

Passage's father, Joe Passage, was at Good Samaritan Hospital on Saturday and spoke to KATU News about the phone call he got telling him his son had been hurt.

"We didn't know if he had any facial or head injuries or spine injuries," he said. "We just knew a rock over 100 pounds had gone through his window."

On OSU's cycling team, Sean Passage must have razor quick reflexes and when he heard a sudden explosion, he reacted, his father said. "He had his hands on the steering wheel. He heard this explosive noise and he put his right arm up to eclipse this object hitting his windshield."

Six inches to the right and Joe Passage thinks he would be talking about his son in the past tense. "He said it was the worst pain he's ever felt in his life."

To make matters worse, just after the crash someone broke into Sean Passage's truck and stole his laptop, snowboard and snow boots. His father is offering a reward to get the items back, especially since the laptop had all of his son's school work on it, as well as irreplaceable family photos.

Sean Passage is no stranger to accidents. At age 15, a truck hit him head-on while he was riding his bike, but within three months, he was back out competing.

"That's why I feel like he'll bounce back from this and be racing again," his father said.

Story & photos: http://www.katu.com/news/5278076.html

BumbleBeeDave
01-22-2007, 06:51 AM
. . . hold him until you can call me. I'll come help you. What a #$%&*@! . . . :mad: :mad: :mad:

BBD

Kevin
01-22-2007, 07:03 AM
I swear, I have an alibi. :D

Kevin

William
01-22-2007, 07:11 AM
I swear, I have an alibi. :D

Kevin

<Shhh, hurry up BBDave>

Knock, knock, knock!

William ;)

nobrakes
01-22-2007, 05:02 PM
I had a goose fly through my windshield. I was unhurt, but it left me down.

AgilisMerlin
01-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Just as bad as a hundred pound gorilla. IMHO

amerliN