PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Wahoo Elemnt on quill stem

NHAero
05-20-2020, 12:00 PM
I have a couple of bikes I want to mount my Wahoo Elemnt on that use a handlebar bag on the Klickfix mount, so an out-front solution puts the GPS over my access to the bag.

On my Anderson, I turned an out-front mount backwards, but that's not a great solution - standing on the pedals I have to watch to not hit it with my knee. The stem cap mounts don't work because they're made for 1-1/8" caps, the Anderson is 1".

On my Bob Jackson I have a quill stem.

What alternatives are there to Wahoo's $15 out-of-stock mount that zip ties to the stem?

marciero
05-21-2020, 03:54 AM
You might also try the 650b or ibob google groups. Lots of rando/quill stem/bar bag types on those.

makoti
05-21-2020, 07:50 AM
If the Elemnt uses the same mount as the Bolt, get a Garmin mount that you rubber banded to the stem. Clip off about an 1/8" of the wings on the mount. The Elemnt will fit & stay put just fine. Go slow when clipping off the wings, so you don't make it too loose.

NHAero
05-21-2020, 09:35 AM
I'd appreciate a link, I can't seem to locate this. What are the wings?
Sorry if I'm being dense!

If the Elemnt uses the same mount as the Bolt, get a Garmin mount that you rubber banded to the stem. Clip off about an 1/8" of the wings on the mount. The Elemnt will fit & stay put just fine. Go slow when clipping off the wings, so you don't make it too loose.

ColonelJLloyd
05-21-2020, 09:46 AM
I've only recently purchased a Roam and have been researching various mounts.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can use a Garmin stem mount and then convert it to Wahoo. This can be done with an adapter (https://fairwheelbikes.com/wahoo-adapter-for-garmin/)or by replacing the insert on some mounts.

NHAero
05-21-2020, 10:22 AM
I found an online vendor whose site allowed me to order two of the Wahoo stem mounts - we'll see if the order gets kicked back as out of stock!

OtayBW
05-21-2020, 11:09 AM
I bought an Enve out-front stem mount that has never worked right at all....:butt: