PDA

View Full Version : Value on a Cinelli Ram 1?

veggieburger
05-19-2020, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry. So sorry. Personally I really dislike the "so what's my XX worth?" threads, but here it goes. I'm going to be selling it locally, but I'm not sure if it's worth $100 or $300, and the money is going to a local charity.

Anyhow, enough about that.

42/130 with the little out front mount. Standard paint scheme, nothing custom. I checked Ebay and I see Ram 2s and other iterations, but no original Rams. Does the fact that it's gen 1 make it worth less or more?

Again, sorry. But honestly, I'm not trying to pad my own pockets.

papa bless
05-19-2020, 11:48 AM
The way I see it, if there is nothing on eBay and you can't find a price anywhere else, then you get to determine the value. Set it at $300, and if nobody buys it, then nobody has valued it at $300. Collectibles are only worth anything if there is actually a market for them.

Edit - I know that old Cinelli stuff is groovy and people love it. I would start it at $175 and go down from there.

jpritchet74
05-19-2020, 12:19 PM
The way I see it, if there is nothing on eBay and you can't find a price anywhere else, then you get to determine the value. Set it at $300, and if nobody buys it, then nobody has valued it at $300. Collectibles are only worth anything if there is actually a market for them.

Edit - I know that old Cinelli stuff is groovy and people love it. I would start it at $175 and go down from there.

Agreed.