PDA

View Full Version : Campy Mirage 9s Shifters?

billrick
01-21-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm looking for a set of Campy 9 speed shifters. Most everything I'm seeing on ebay looks like it will need a rebuild or is going for muchos pesos.

Has anyone tried the 2006 Mirage shifters? These are the 9-speed, all composite (plastic) ergo shifters that you can still find for around $100. If these will click as well as the more spendy models, I may try them out. Anyone try these things?

Many thanks,

:)

aaronbarker
01-21-2007, 09:53 PM
I just finished a build of my new (2004) Fondriest Top Level and have about 80 miles on it so far. My Mirage drivetrain is working fine so far. I believe the biggest difference from level to level in Campy's gruppos is material choice. I really can't tell much difference between the Mirage and the Centaur and Daytona gruppos on my other bikes.

have fun,
aaron

billrick
01-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Many thanks, Aaron. I read your post and ordered the shifters. At ~$120 for new, I figure I can't lose too much versus the $160+ for abused Chorus shifters on Ebay.

I'll be curious to see how it works with my current set up. This will be a big experiement in meshing Campy ergo and a 9 speed Shimano drivetrain. I'm going to try it straight first, and then Jtek pulley if necessary. I'll report back!

:)

davyt
01-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Functionally, they're just fine; I've got 2005 Mirage on one of my bikes.

I think you'll also find that a lot of the internals for the 9-speed Mirage shifters are the same as 9-speed Record circa 2000...
--
Davy