PDA

View Full Version : Ritchey WCS Carbon Wheels?

redrocket
01-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Has anyone had experience, good or bad with the RITCHEY WCS CARBON TUBULAR WHEELSET? Whenever I look at various companies charts promoting their own wheels' aero and inertia properties, I have noticed that the Ritchey WCS Carbon wheels are always ranked towards the top. However, it seems as if not alot of people are riding them--and there is certainly minimal reference on this forum. (always carbone vs zipp, etc)

Is this due to wheel problems/poor performance or lack of marketing/sponsorships of teams for wheels?

redrocket
01-21-2007, 09:47 PM
so far....no posts from anyone...... so it must be true...no one is riding these wheels..... do they suck?

dwoodard
01-21-2007, 10:17 PM
I am riding a set of Reynolds Stratus DV tubulars and absolutely love them. Does that help any? :D

redrocket
01-21-2007, 10:57 PM
That is the other wheel that I am looking into...... I heard the the breaking on Reynolds wheels can be a bit touchy.....is that true?

but still.....no one is on the Ritchey's..

Lanternrouge
01-21-2007, 11:10 PM
That is the other wheel that I am looking into...... I heard the the breaking on Reynolds wheels can be a bit touchy.....is that true?

but still.....no one is on the Ritchey's..

AFAIK, the Ritchey rims are Zipps, so they should be about the same. As for the Reynolds wheels, when I had them, the braking was just fine, even using DA pads. Of course, I didn't use them on any crazy descents (either the clinchers or tubies) so can't say how the braking is when heating is an issue.

redrocket
01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Is the recall on the hubs complete?