PDA

View Full Version : BikeCloset.com experience, input?

Shortsocks
05-16-2020, 08:51 AM
Hey Folks.

Quick question for you guys/gals.

I purchased a helmet from Bikecloset last Sunday night. It was in stock, and for some reason hasn't shipped. It still says processing, as well, I had texted the the number on the shop on Sunday to see if things were shipping out on time and all..number responded with yeap. Shipping as normal.

So I never heard anything from them, and so i emailed them
On Thursday to see what the hang up was. Response, you'll get tracking on Friday. Well. No tracking or email...

So, I dont know how many of you folks have experience with this shop, but is this normal for them? Or is it time for me to take action with my credit card company?

Any input would be super appreciated.

Thanks

RoadWhale
05-16-2020, 09:41 AM
double post

RoadWhale
05-16-2020, 09:51 AM
I purchased some tires and Bibs from Bike Closet on the 12th of this month.The order shipped the next day with tracking. I'm scheduled to receive the package Monday. This is my first time trying them so I don't have a history of use that I can offer. I hope you get satisfaction from them soon.

My order just arrived two days early.

yinzerniner
05-16-2020, 11:12 AM
I’ve had both good and not the best experiences. Ordered wheels, groupset parts, kit and other small items without delay. But similar to you when I ordered a few helmets the order was delayed a few weeks then ultimately cancelled when they said it was out of stock.

So maybe just don’t order helmets from them? Either way they refund came immediately after the out of stock email, but would rather have the transparency from the get go.

CTracer
05-16-2020, 11:58 AM
I've ordered from them a few times. Mainly tires and chains. Never had any issues.

Shortsocks
05-16-2020, 12:03 PM
I’ve had both good and not the best experiences. Ordered wheels, groupset parts, kit and other small items without delay. But similar to you when I ordered a few helmets the order was delayed a few weeks then ultimately cancelled when they said it was out of stock.

So maybe just don’t order helmets from them? Either way they refund came immediately after the out of stock email, but would rather have the transparency from the get go.

Crap. Maybe its just the helmets...its the transparency thats bothering me.
I would have 100% but this local except we don't have an ABUS dealer in Dallas.

Thanks guys and gals for the input. I'll update this once its all figured out.

Cbh
05-16-2020, 01:41 PM
I bought a helmet from them last year. Questions answered via text almost immediately. Price was good and no issues with the transaction

joosttx
05-16-2020, 01:53 PM
I actually been to the warehouse and met the owner. Nice guy. Everything I have ordered has been quick.

mdeth1313
05-16-2020, 03:27 PM
I bought a frameset from them a few years ago - Wilier Zero.6. From what I recall - they had to get it first from the distributor, then it was shipped to me. This was all covered when I was purchasing. I also purchases a POC helmet a few months before that and that shipped immediately. It's possible they don't have everything they sell in stock and they get it from the manufacturer/distributor before shipping on to you.

I've always texted as you communicate directly with them before placing the order and you can ask what the timeline is.

sw3759
05-16-2020, 09:29 PM
Hey Ari,i have ordered from them several times in the past.clothing items and no problems whatsoever.they are in california so it just may be more of the quarantine issues and not heard of any problems with orders from these folks

onitsuka_luv
05-16-2020, 09:44 PM
I've purchased from them several times, mostly ships right away but I have had it take as much as a week. I broke a POC helmet I bought from them on my second ride wearing it, the POC crash replacement is not as good a deal as what they sold me the helmet for in the first place so they sold me a brand new model that had just been released (at my request) for a little less than I paid for the first one. Generally a very positive experience, sometimes you just need to bear with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultraman6970
05-17-2020, 12:49 AM
So, your helmet is not out of the closet yet? :D

onitsuka_luv
05-17-2020, 07:05 AM
So, your helmet is not out of the closet yet? :D

This was a year ago when the POC Ventral Air Spin was just being released. The wait was a couple weeks till they received the helmets from POC but I knew that going into it and want asked to pay the discounted price until they were in stock. The time didn't matter since I was relegated to riding the trainer due to the broken elbow sustained in the crash when I broke the helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortsocks
05-18-2020, 09:09 AM
So just an update.
The Gentleman on the Provided Text message number got a hold of me, late on Sunday Afternoon, with an update and a tracking number. My helmet's not in the system yet, but this is a great update.

Actually semi impressed, not with the slow shipping, but with the deliberate person to person communication. On a Sunday Afternoon? Thats pretty badass.

W/ Priority Im hoping it to get here by Friday.

Thanks for all the input guy/gals..:)

Shortsocks
05-21-2020, 05:09 PM
Just to close this thread for future use.

Helmet got here today. Exactly as described.

Took almost two weeks, but in their defense they did text me on a Sunday evening with tracking info, unheard of, and they were $100 less than the $249 everywhere else. Id definitely order from them
Again BUT not if i were in a hurry.

Thanks for all the input Paceline.

This is officially a dancing banana. :banana:

RWL2222
06-03-2023, 07:05 PM
A good customer service experience at Bike Closet makes me want to revive this thread. Among other things, bought a couple of very nice Koo sunglasses that are steeply discounted—Opens and Orions.