PDA

View Full Version : Record 10 Ergo levers Q: BB versus Ultra

GPrince
05-14-2020, 03:21 PM
I have both sets and they both appear to work fine. Is there any operational or other difference between these two?

Dave
05-14-2020, 04:39 PM
Deleted. I thought one was ultrashift.

jpritchet74
05-14-2020, 06:25 PM
I was under the impression that all of the Record 10s levers (all versions) were fully rebuildable.

No?

Paging oldpotatoe......

wallymann
05-14-2020, 06:28 PM
we covered this a couple days ago. for right/rear ergo, they are the mechanically similar -- both have wee little ball-bearings...but ultras have a fiber/resin type g-spring carrier but that makes for softer shifting feel. as I understand it, the alloy carriers are more likely to fatigue and crack (this happened to me), hence the change to resin. fwiw...the alloy/resin carriers are interchangeable.

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=251365

oldpotatoe
05-15-2020, 06:31 AM
I have both sets and they both appear to work fine. Is there any operational or other difference between these two?

Nope..Guts the same except for a fiber/resin spring carrier and a coated and drilled for lightness on the Ultra one..
I was under the impression that all of the Record 10s levers (all versions) were fully rebuildable.

No?

Yes , as are the Centaur/Daytona, Veloce, Chorus, 1992-2007, as are the 2009+ UltraShift ones..altho those, w/o springs and spring carriers, have very little that can 'break'. A few thumb buttons who corrode and don't pivot, a couple of 'plastic' shift lever blades break(because of lotsa drag in 'system', mostly from corrodes housing/inner wires)..

I have all the innards for older, and newer shift lever blades for all those shop lizards who look at these and say, 'nope, can't rebuild these things'...along with some einstein 'acorss the hall' who said that the 'older' 2009/10 US levers 'can't be rebuilt'...my aunt matilda's mustache..

GPrince
05-18-2020, 11:02 PM
Moved the Ultra levers over to the Pegoretti which gets more use. Put the BB ones on the Nobilette.