PDA

View Full Version : their here: Stolen from WW

AgilisMerlin
01-20-2007, 06:55 PM
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25914

AmerliN

AgilisMerlin
01-20-2007, 07:16 PM
i have a habit of forgetting what's in the oven.

doh !

amerliN

Louis
01-20-2007, 07:25 PM
I wonder how many people out there will a) really need these, and b) be willing to pay for them. Luckily I'm all set. Both my Sidi mesh and Lorica models fit me perfectly...

AgilisMerlin
01-20-2007, 08:03 PM
people usually associate fitness with spending money.

that is why component and clothing companies are in a constant state of development.

Ex.

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 speed freewheels, steel, then alum, then carbon components...............

sidi's nylong soles, then sidi's nylon/carbon soles, then sidi's carbon soles. Sidi's for ex. are just as expensive.

Shimano/Campy/Sram/Castelli/ etc. etc. etc. They all prey on Consumerism. The dilemna of what is old/tried and true for what in the future must be better/newer and dope'

We are not talking about need here, just wants

Bun in the Oven Bicycle Racing shoes...............ya know someone is going to pull out a glob of fiber/resin/plastic on a sheetpan with this protocol for fit....burnt shimano alamode :D

Funny eh ?

AmerliN

Louis
01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
that is why component and clothing companies are in a constant state of development.

Of course, frame manufacturers are not guilty of this. :p

IMO some percentage of the new developments out there are useful. For example, I find index shifting to be more convenient and easier to use than friction. OTOH, I'm perfectly happy with DT shifters...