PDA

View Full Version : SQLabs saddle

tjk23
05-12-2020, 04:42 PM
Has anyone tried one of their saddles? Looking at the 612 Ergowave and not able to find a whole lot about them.

RoosterCogset
05-12-2020, 04:46 PM
Has anyone tried one of their saddles? Looking at the 612 Ergowave and not able to find a whole lot about them.

Yes, I have the 612 with the "active" elastomer insert thingy in the rear. worked pretty well and was intrigued by the the independent suspension idea, but swapped recently for a saddle that I feel does similar but find more comfortable (selle italia sp-01).

scopes
05-12-2020, 05:06 PM
I ran the 611 Active on my mountainbike for a few years until the little plastic mount where the seat rails attach to the saddle broke.

Not sure if it was due to crash or other but was quite disappointed in having to go back to a regular non-active saddle.

I got mine on sale and am considering paying full price for another.

wooly
05-12-2020, 06:45 PM
I've been riding the 611 Ergowave Active for the last two months on my mtb and love them. Super comfortable but you need to get the tilt just right. Low stack height too which can help with some bikes.

harblhat
05-12-2020, 08:04 PM
I've been riding the 612 Active on my main road bike for almost 5 years now and have had a good experience. Of course, saddles are very personal.

I like that the cross-section of the saddle is almost completely flat, which gives my sit bones a good platform. Because it's flat, the listed width is literally the width. With rounder saddles, the effective width is less than specified because your sit bones will make contact further in.

The little 'ramp' at the back of the saddle also gives you something to push back on when pedaling hard. The active elastomer insert lets the saddle rock side to side, which has helped a bit with my SI joint stiffness.

The setup is slightly different from most saddles due to its shape, and the documentation on their site is a good start.