PDA

View Full Version : OT: Pats vs Colts

39cross
01-20-2007, 10:20 AM
OK football fans, it's been too quiet. Without the trash-talkin' sack-dancin' Chargers to banter about, maybe we're back to the old boring corporate sameness football teams.

None the less...as a loyal Patriots fan enjoying their Yankees-like domination of the NFL (and who can better appreciate what that means than we old-time Job-like Red Sox fans?), I look forward to their dismantling the Colts on Sunday evening.

Maybe you Colts fans recognize this already, is that why you're so quiet? :)

There. The gauntlet's thrown...now discuss.

Climb01742
01-20-2007, 10:47 AM
interesting story i heard...after charger game, belichek was telling the team the schedule for this week. on their off day, belichek said there would be a "voluntary" meeting. richard seymour spoke up and said, "as far as i'm concerned its a mandatory meeting. anyone got a problem with that, you come and talk to me." after 3 rings, its cool to know that pros can still be hungry, have the fire.

cycleman_21
01-20-2007, 12:41 PM
This is too easy, after getting beat by the Chargers but still scoring more points to win the game, Heh Heh, there's a ghostly feeling about the Patriots again, NO one wants to play them right now, who do you think the Saints/Bears fans are rooting for... YA,...
Indy thats who, when Manning starts shaking his head and lifting his arms up somewhere in the middle of the first to second quarter, you'll know it's all over, Patriots defense in the playoffs is unequaled.
and speaking as a Pats fan since way back (Grogan, Eason, Fryar, Morgan, Tippett, Tutupu, ect...,the very lean years and the humiliation of Super bowl XX, (46 to 10 utterly disgusting) man we deserve it.
Prediction/hopes, Superbowl XLI Pats/Bears 36/19 revenge would be sweet.

Ron C

stevep
01-20-2007, 12:58 PM
i think marleymon moved to south boston.
hes on the bandwagon...
peyton who? oh, the black and blue guy in the corner?

one of few patriots games i actually went to:
fenway park, pouring rain, jets w/ joe namath... cant tell you the year.

William
01-20-2007, 02:23 PM
The Vikings put up a valiant effort last week but the Pats came out on top. It was ugly but they got it done. The game with the Colts is going to be a grinder (you NE folks know what I mean) but I think they will pull it out in the end.

Stevep, I'm parked out front right now, just let me in at game time and I won't say a word....'cept about the Vikings. ;) ;) :D

William

stevep
01-20-2007, 02:37 PM
The Vikings put up a valiant effort last week but the Pats came out on top. It was ugly but they got it done. The game with the Colts is going to be a grinder (you NE folks know what I mean) but I think they will pull it out in the end.

Stevep, I'm parked out front right now, just let me in at game time and I won't say a word....'cept about the Vikings. ;) ;) :D
William

william,
last week they played the packers. get it straight.
ill bring you down some binoculars. you can watch through the window and listen to the game on the radio.
jeez,
i helped my meighbor set up his new big tv... its kinda nice actually... watch very little tv ( esp after football season and before daylight savings ) but it is kinda nice.
probably would watch more... so no good in the big picture.

stevep
01-20-2007, 02:41 PM
i think its funny.
my two daughters 22 and 25 were doing a crossword puzzle the other day and they are not football fans ( as you will see ).
i ask.." howz it going?"...
they comment... " we''re done and there was a football question on there so hahaha, you always said that we know nothing about football..."

here is what they came up with:
they had the letters forming gr-enb-yp-ckers.

they happily determined that the name of the team was the green bay pickers.

laughed myself to sleep that night.

MarleyMon
01-20-2007, 03:05 PM
i think marleymon moved to south boston.
hes on the bandwagon...

Hey, I'm on the COLTS bandwagon, steve. We've had rallies and fireworks and a cheerleader convention, so I've been too busy to rile up youse guys in beantown.

As I see it:
Peyton will shred the Pats. 4 TD passes, 0 INT. Colts pick TB twice, once for points, 4 sacks.
It will be so sweet to see!

Go ahead, cycleman, look past the Colts and forward to the Super Bowl. It'll be an I-65 matchup, w/ the Pats, like William, on the outside looking in.

manet
01-20-2007, 03:07 PM
laughed myself to sleep that night.

why is tonite different from all other nites

atmo
01-20-2007, 03:11 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q3ykWbu2Gl0

stevep
01-20-2007, 03:16 PM

youre actually about right there manet...
gotta have a few laughs once in awhile.

hey marley, i forgot about the cheerleader convention.
man, i wish i was there.

hope for an entertaining game with the better team winning...
4tds, no interceptions... man, that musta been some pep rally... you better lay off the juice or you'll still be drunk monday...when all youse will need to get to drowning your sorrows.

would hate to see vinatieri behind the snap with the game on the line.
been there so many times... but i thk we'll be up 10 anyway.

manet
01-20-2007, 03:24 PM
youre actually about right there manet...
gotta have a few laughs once in awhile.

true this _ i talk A LOT in my sleep. tell jokes, and wake
ms'manette with my laughing _ laughing at my own jokes.

39cross
01-20-2007, 05:17 PM
after the Pats win, no one will ever again ask Peyton to make another national commercial.

Stevep, reading about your game at Fenway reminded me of a story about my father...one day he got a letter from the president's office at Harvard. It turned out he had written Harvard to ask for their support in letting the Pats play at Alumni Stadium that year. I think they ended up playing at Nickerson Field that fall? Those were dark days indeed for Patriot Nation. Actually, in those days there was no nation, it was more of a tribe.

stevep
01-20-2007, 05:39 PM
after the Pats win, no one will ever again ask Peyton to make another national commercial.

Stevep, reading about your game at Fenway reminded me of a story about my father...one day he got a letter from the president's office at Harvard. It turned out he had written Harvard to ask for their support in letting the Pats play at Alumni Stadium that year. I think they ended up playing at Nickerson Field that fall? Those were dark days indeed for Patriot Nation. Actually, in those days there was no nation, it was more of a tribe.

yeah,
they played everywhere in those days.
bu, harvard, fenway...
before the big time sports thing took over.

RIHans
01-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Grogan, Tutupu, Morgan, ahh love it...Pat 27 Colts 14 :beer:

znfdl
01-21-2007, 06:19 AM
I remember the dar days of being a Patriot fan, as I used to hawk souvenirs at Schaefer Stadium, ugh 33 years ago

Climb01742
01-21-2007, 06:42 AM
yeah,
they played everywhere in those days.
bu, harvard, fenway...
before the big time sports thing took over.

and for a few years back in the day, they practiced here in concord at the high school field.

keno
01-21-2007, 08:04 AM
You got a winner and you got a loser.

I want the Pats, but life is a funny duck. I think that the most important factor in a closely matched game is chemistry. It's all about a team's relationship to the zone, end and otherwise. And I don't think game-day chemistry is predictable. One occurrence on the field can have a huge impact.

Incidentally, Pats at +3 is ugly to me. I'd at least take consolation in 3 1/2 if ... Phone stays on the hook.

keno

39cross
01-21-2007, 09:36 AM
...I think that the most important factor in a closely matched game is chemistry...Yeah, funny things can happen out there on the field. Sometimes very good teams show up out-of-synch, as if they collectively got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning. The other team jumps ahead, and you're in catch-up mode the rest of the game, like a gambler drowning as he doubles-down on losing bets.

This one will be in the history books soon. Hope it's a good one.

2LeftCleats
01-21-2007, 09:23 PM
we won

Jeff N.
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM

Stevep, reading about your game at Fenway reminded me of a story about my father...one day he got a letter from the president's office at Harvard. It turned out he had written Harvard to ask for their support in letting the Pats play at Alumni Stadium that year. I think they ended up playing at Nickerson Field that fall? Those were dark days indeed for Patriot Nation. Actually, in those days there was no nation, it was more of a tribe.Ahem....what a difference a week makes, huh? Bwa-Bwy, Patriots. Bwa-Bwy Brady. Jeff N.

Jeff N.
01-21-2007, 09:30 PM
This is too easy, after getting beat by the Chargers but still scoring more points to win the game, Heh Heh, there's a ghostly feeling about the Patriots again, NO one wants to play them right now, who do you think the Saints/Bears fans are rooting for... YA,...
Indy thats who, when Manning starts shaking his head and lifting his arms up somewhere in the middle of the first to second quarter, you'll know it's all over, Patriots defense in the playoffs is unequaled.
and speaking as a Pats fan since way back (Grogan, Eason, Fryar, Morgan, Tippett, Tutupu, ect...,the very lean years and the humiliation of Super bowl XX, (46 to 10 utterly disgusting) man we deserve it.
Prediction/hopes, Superbowl XLI Pats/Bears 36/19 revenge would be sweet.

Ron CAhem...What a difference a week makes, huh? Bub-Bwy, Patriots. Bub-Bwy, Brady. Jeff N.

stevep
01-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Ahem....what a difference a week makes, huh? Bwa-Bwy, Patriots. Bwa-Bwy Brady. Jeff N.

alas youre right...but we have been there.
talk to me next year, jeff.
good game for the colts..they were on the verge of going home ealry and they did not.

obtuse
01-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Ahem...What a difference a week makes, huh? Bwa-Bwy, Patriots. Bwa-Bwy, Brady. Jeff N.

could you please repeat the question?

i'm too sad to really listen.

obtuse

39cross
01-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Well, it was quite the game, it came down to the last minute before it was decided. Marleymon, I'm sure you're excited, good on yah.

cycleman_21
01-22-2007, 05:40 AM
Yes, (gawd I hate modern officiating, but works both ways)
Good game
nuff said

Ron C

Len J
01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Yes, (gawd I hate modern officiating, but works both ways)
Good game
nuff said

Ron C

Looked to me like the Pats got most of the calls.

No officials were involved in either the dropped passes or the interception.

& what was with Tom Terrific running off the field and not even offering any congratulations?

Len

stevep
01-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Looked to me like the Pats got most of the calls.

& what was with Tom Terrific running off the field and not even offering any congratulations?

Len

len,
reminder...though you are not used to this.
your team won the game.
no excuses required ( and you wont get any from new england fans i suspect )

just trying to help you newcomers to success.
also note.
there is one more game before you can talk smack.

be a champ like marley mon..just enjoy the win.

Len J
01-22-2007, 02:13 PM
len,
reminder...though you are not used to this.
your team won the game.
no excuses required ( and you wont get any from new england fans i suspect )

just trying to help you newcomers to success.
also note.
there is one more game before you can talk smack.

be a champ like marley mon..just enjoy the win.

First of all...not new....been around for several years.

Secondly, I have no dog in this fight.......I'm an Eagles fan that is still licking my wounds from the last several years. :crap:

Thirdly......not talking smack......just giving an observation as a knowledgable football fan who watched the game. Have you determined that this is not allowed? If so, based on what? Silly me, I thought this was an internet forum and someone posted a thread "for Discussion." Didn't realize no discussion was allowed.

Finally.....I thought it was a great game....with all the back and forth you could want......I've always been an admirer of Brady so I was surprised at his "demonstration" at the end of the game.....

Len

stevep
01-22-2007, 02:36 PM
First of all...not new....been around for several years.

assumed you were a colts fan... not new to the forum

Secondly, I have no dog in this fight.......I'm an Eagles fan that is still licking my wounds from the last several years. :crap:
eagles fan... maybe next year

Thirdly......not talking smack......just giving an observation as a knowledgable football fan who watched the game. Have you determined that this is not allowed? If so, based on what? Silly me, I thought this was an internet forum and someone posted a thread "for Discussion." Didn't realize no discussion was allowed.

saw no controversial call myself. maybe there were some? as for anything else. i am sarcastic by nature...i wouldnt take anything personal from it... at some point i may agree with you about something, who knows.

Finally.....I thought it was a great game....with all the back and forth you could want......I've always been an admirer of Brady so I was surprised at his "demonstration" at the end of the game.....

was a good game...im glad for the colts... did not watch after the game ended. brady is generally very gracious and unassuming. news to me.

for the record... you can write anything you want.
for more of the record... anyone else can also.
Len
!

Ray
01-22-2007, 02:39 PM

Len,

I missed that - Peyton was saying in his interview how classy Brady and a few other NE players had been in offering their warm congratulations after the game. Maybe if Brady got off the field in a hurry it was to avoid the crush and he just went over to the Colts locker room after to offer his congratulations?

Not sure what happened last night, but Brady's always struck me as a pretty OK guy.

-Ray

Len J
01-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Len,

I missed that - Peyton was saying in his interview how classy Brady and a few other NE players had been in offering their warm congratulations after the game. Maybe if Brady got off the field in a hurry it was to avoid the crush and he just went over to the Colts locker room after to offer his congratulations?

Not sure what happened last night, but Brady's always struck me as a pretty OK guy.

-Ray

I noticed it because it was so unlike who I thought he was.

Glad to hear he went over personally.

Len