PDA

View Full Version : Clark's Campy brake shoes--anyone tried them?

paredown
05-09-2020, 11:25 AM
I saw these on Merlin--price seems good @ $6.49 / pair, and wondered if anyone has used them?

(I have an older set of Centaur 10 brakes, that have what I think are replacement shoes--they don't have the slide in provision like my Chorus do)

https://www.merlincycles.com/clarks-cps461-alloy-brake-pads-campagnolo-111884.html

Idris Icabod
05-09-2020, 12:14 PM
I had some of these to make changing between carbon and alloy wheels quicker. Just change the pad and holder. I don't have them anymore but they worked fine. I do seem to remember that there was a problem with the fit of a washer maybe but I used the one from the original Campagnolo ones. I think I sold them with a bike and kept the Campy ones.

Hindmost
05-09-2020, 12:16 PM
(I have an older set of Centaur 10 brakes, that have what I think are replacement shoes--they don't have the slide in provision like my Chorus do)

Why am I puzzled? I'm not familiar with the Centaurs ,tho.

paredown
05-09-2020, 04:12 PM
Why am I puzzled? I'm not familiar with the Centaurs ,tho.

I probably should have written "currently installed..."--and since I bought the brakes used, I don't know if they are original or not.

When I started back riding, the lower end brakes (Veloce/Mirage) had those one piece molded brake shoes--the little wheel guides were part of the brake block. (I remember replacing the Mirage ones on my first "modern" bike). Then I got Chorus gear, and they had the slide-in replacements (as did Record)--and for which I still have a small stockpile of the older pads.

Centaur--I was not clear about what they came with, but Wiggle (for example) lists the new version of those slide-ins as fitting Record-Chorus-Centaur.

So I'm assuming that at some point in the past, different full replacements were put on the set of brakes I'm asking about--because what is on there will not take a slide-in.

Hence the need for a cheap set of replacements.:banana: