PDA

View Full Version : Sandy-BMW F1 road bike

zap
05-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Sandy,

Being such a Bimmer fan, did you hear about the Bimmer road bike? Campy Record equipment with custom Carbon Neutron wheelset.

Just think how much faster you would be on a BMW F1 ;)

:beer:

TimD
05-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Just a hair slower than the Porsche road bike :)

pjm
05-14-2004, 02:48 PM
BMW can only hope Ferrari doesn't come out with the Michael Schumacher F1 edition road bike. BMW has enough trouble keeping up with Ferrari on the race track! :bike:

Blastinbob
05-14-2004, 04:01 PM
here are the colnago/ferrari bikes (http://www.trialtir-usa.com/2004-colnago/ferrari/colnagoforferrari.htm)

zap
05-14-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm sure pjm means a Michael Schumacher edition, not your pedestrian Colnago.

History in the making this F1 season. May never see this again in our liftime.

Doesn't Storck make the Porsche road bikes? Storck is another European based bike manufacturer thats starting to sell in the US market.

Sandy
05-18-2004, 06:55 AM
You have me confused once again- BMW F1- Is that a BMW bicycle with a Serotta F1 fork, or a supersonic BMW formula 1 race car, or a BMW mororcycle with a funny name? If it is a bicycle, I would still be very slow compared to you. If it is a motorcycle, I would be very slow compared to Pete or Spoke. If it is a formula 1 car, ALL of us would be very slow compared to Mr. Schumacher. In any case, I would be slooooooow.

So Slow So Serotta Sandy

Serotta PETE
05-18-2004, 09:14 AM
THe only time I am ahead of Sandy on a ride is when he takes a wrong turn or the time his crank arm came off. He is fast fast fast.

Sandy hopefully I will see you at Open House next month or at DBRK's end of August.

zap
05-18-2004, 09:20 AM
BMW bicycle. I took a look at the '04 model and it looks pretty lame.

Speaking of the Serotta F1 fork, I was surprised that Serotta was able to call it "F1" when it was introduced. Bernie E. usually has such a tight grip on such matters but I guess the bicycle industry falls well below his organizations radar screen.

Ken Robb
05-18-2004, 01:24 PM
my wife won a BMW folding "Mtn" bike in a raffle. Looked cute, folded well, but wasn't really equipped for serious off-road riding. $1000 retail with components suitable for $350 bike. After I got it a really good thorough tune-up I sold it to one of my BMW auto racing pals to use as a pit bike for which it is admirably suited---and it came with a Roundel.

Sandy
05-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Ken,

My wife won me in a raffle, but with a no return or resale policy. She has been suffering with me for over 21 years.

Sandy

Sandy
05-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Really looking forward to seeing you- A most wise and gracious gentleman.

Sandy

Ken Robb
05-18-2004, 03:52 PM
yeah well my first wife picked me up at a Chamber of Commerce Breakfast and that marriage lasted 24 years. Leslie and I ust celebrated our firs anniversary. Remember: every year is a triumph. Sunday we were at our pastor's house to celebrate his parents' 65th!!!!! wow--and they still like each other.

Sandy
05-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Ken,

I remember that Chamber of Commerce Breakfast well. I saw your future wife first, and I was much impressed by her. But I picked up a muffin and a glass of orange juice, instead. I've been fatso Sandy ever since.

Sandy

Sandy
05-18-2004, 03:58 PM
The police finally figured out why my crankarm broke off. KEVAN did it. He foolishly thought that if he broke my crankarm, he would be able to keep up with me. Really silly of him. He forgot that I had one crankarm left!

Supersonic Speedy Sandy